• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

#BeForTheGame

Caporegime
It's quite funny leading up to release - A lot of people say "Wouldn't pay more than xx amount"

Card comes out £200 higher than that figure, and a lot of those people are suddenly part of the owners club :D

I guess it's the shiny new thing over-riding logical thought.

Soldato
It's quite funny leading up to release - A lot of people say "Wouldn't pay more than xx amount"

Card comes out £200 higher than that figure, and a lot of those people are suddenly part of the owners club :D

Every. Damn. Year. :D

"Wth man Nvidia are such money whores, only bring out crappy GPUs like this new £1000 special edition Titan I just bought. Ugh when will they actually bring something decent out"

:p

Associate
For me it gonna be a bun fight between 1080ti and 2080.

If perf is 15- 20% better and new card is around 650-700 will plump for that.

If perf is less i will hope the 1080ti drops to 550 pick that up and wait for next ti

Soldato

I am sure some will but I just don't have the money, and I would happily buy the Vega 64 for £450 and be done with it for another couple of years. Or get a second hand 1070ti for peanuts and check what there is in 12 months time.

Caporegime
I don't know if i'll bother to be honest.

Last GPU's I bought were 2x Titan X SLI (Maxwell) in March 2015 and they cost a whopping £1600. Then I put hybrid coolers on them which was another £200 in total.

They are still pretty good with my 100hz Ultrawide monitor.

But I tend to game on my Xbox One X now. Haven't touched the PC much at all since that came out in November last year! Been obsessively playing Dark Souls: Remastered recently to the point I've nearly got all the achievements.

Soldato
I don't know if i'll bother to be honest.

But I tend to game on my Xbox One X now. Haven't touched the PC much at all since that came out in November last year!

And that's the thing. I know they'll always be a PC market in some shape or forum, but with how all PC component prices are skyrocketing (New G-Sync monitors near £3000 and new GPU's near or over £1000) and PS5 and Xbox 2 just around the corner, many are going to consoles. PC prices are just too ridiculous atm and because of this many are leaving. The super hardcore PC master race remains which is not many.

Associate
PC prices are just too ridiculous atm and because of this many are leaving. The super hardcore PC master race remains which is not many.

I didnt realise there was a 'super' hardcore PC master race. I thought all PCMR were equal? Need to tear it all down in that case.

Soldato
I didnt realise there was a 'super' hardcore PC master race. I thought all PCMR were equal? Need to tear it all down in that case.

Dude there's always been a super hardcore pc master race. Where have you been:p

You know what I mean. I mean there are people that will always buy the top tier cards and components no matter what the price

Caporegime
And that's the thing. I know they'll always be a PC market in some shape or forum, but with how all PC component prices are skyrocketing (New G-Sync monitors near £3000 and new GPU's near or over £1000) and PS5 and Xbox 2 just around the corner, many are going to consoles. PC prices are just too ridiculous atm and because of this many are leaving. The super hardcore PC master race remains which is not many.

Those 'Big Format Gaming Displays' are an absolute joke.

I bought a 65" LG OLED B6 TV in 2016 for £2400.

Yeah it might not have G-sync and 120hz - But the picture quality is so superior to any LED 'BFGD' TV/monitor that they are due to release. Pure blacks, great HDR etc.

And as on 2019, the next batch of TV's should support HDMI 2.1 which will natively support 4k@120hz and support variable sync technology anyway.

Literally the only thing I can think of where a BFGD monitor might be better is if you think that 20-25ms is too much lag and need something with sub 10ms.

Me....I wouldn't notice.

Back
Top Bottom