Being evicted due to demolition

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
EMM no. i am on £28000 so the government kindly leaves me with £18000.

which is about 40% that is stolen from me, that gets ****ed in my face on a daily basis.

If you were earning £28k, without a student loan you would earn £21,244.20 after tax and NI.

What is your tax code?

Soldato
£4600 what a joke, typical.

I could do with £4600 myself, pay off my debt perfectly. Seeing as they take £10000 a year from me, see it as a present from me.

4600 is peanuts.

I couldn't get 3 rooms painted in Belgium for that nevermind carpets, wall paper and tiling and the rest. I'd be wanting more than 4600 to totally do up a new house.

Associate
4600 is peanuts.

I couldn't get 3 rooms painted in Belgium for that nevermind carpets, wall paper and tiling and the rest. I'd be wanting more than 4600 to totally do up a new house.

Then don't pay someone to do it, while tiling can be difficult, painting is most certainly not. Have we got to the stage where social tenants should to be able to pay people to decorate for them.

I earn a good wage, but I still decorate as much as I can myself. Why should the OP be any different.

Soldato
Never rented before? Why would a tenant pay for a refurb when it is the landlords responsibility?

For about a little under a year when I was 18 before buying my own house, but that isnt the point.

The point is, the "benefit" side of it, social housing is a benefit, its not a bad thing, its just a fact, the same way that saying water is wet is a fact, you cannot make any argument to suggest that those in social housing have anywhere near the costs or responsibility of those who own their own homes.

I've never earnt huge amounts of money, and I've never considered council housing, go figure.

Last edited:
Soldato
The point is, the "benefit" side of it, social housing is a benefit, its not a bad thing, its just a fact, the same way that saying water is wet is a fact, you cannot make any argument to suggest that those in social housing have anywhere near the costs or responsibility of those who own their own homes.

The whole point is when you rent, be it council or private, you wouldn't be paying for house maintenance, be it boilers, glazing, roofing or whatever. That's the responsibility of the landlord.

So in the ops case the only benefit is the subsidised rent, not any maintenance costs which you seem to imply in other posts and why you were asked if you had rented privately.

Soldato
to be fair. I pay £550 for a 1 bedroom flat.
anyone who thinks they can get a whole house for sub £700 is fooling themselves.
why are they are more allowed a council house than I?
I wish I knew.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Assuming student loan repayments and a private pension contribution of 6% (which is about average), he is left with £18730, so no, he probably isn't "doing it wrong".

Student loan repayments and a pension contribution are not tax :p

Soldato
jsut get a 2nd job, I work 2 jobs... im lazy and I can do it so anyone can... and its possible to keep the same level of housing... or maybe rent a room to a friend... or rent a house with another couple...

no need to slum it....

Your post baffles me :confused:

Who's slumming it exactly? What is this "Same level of housing"

Im in a home...A nice home, Which is from the council. I dont understand why i'd need a second job to get a private rented home instead when Im happy here. In a home thats not sub standard atall??

Soldato
Your post baffles me :confused:

Who's slumming it exactly? What is this "Same level of housing"

Im in a home...A nice home, Which is from the council. I dont understand why i'd need a second job to get a private rented home instead when Im happy here. In a home thats not sub standard atall??

that bait smells nice bit I aint biting :p

Caporegime
No idea hence the question - i'm sure there must be some other qualifying criteria, for instance, I'm sure you can't be put on the list if you earn £500k a year or something.

in most areas you get so many points based on cirumstance and length of time on the waiting list.

then you bid these points for the house hence all the refugee types getting council houses so fast

Soldato
to be fair. I pay £550 for a 1 bedroom flat.
anyone who thinks they can get a whole house for sub £700 is fooling themselves.
why are they are more allowed a council house than I?
I wish I knew.

Can get a nice 3 bed house for that here private.

As already said, it depends on where you live

Back
Top Bottom