Poll: Belgian Grand Prix 2020, Spa - Race 7/17

Rate the 2020 Belgian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Very pleased for Renault & Gasly :)

Delighted for Lewis, but yeah, a boring race. Spa, like Silverstone when it delivers it can be epic, only there are a number of races between these periods which are less so.

Associate
it is a 100% fact that Lewis was deffering the singing of his contract as he said he "needed to know if Toto was staying"

that is a lie imo, or are you suggesting he would leave if Toto left?

the reason why he said that (imo) was so that Bottas signed first, for the reasons i gave in my post above

Ah sorry, I haven’t seen the interview where Lewis stated he wasn’t signing until Toto did.

Bottas signed as he had nowhere else to go, and has a chance of winning with Merc. Don’t think Lewis was/is waiting on Bottas signature, I’m sure that has no influence on his decision.

Caporegime
Can't agree it was boring. Not a classic, but the racing this year has been much better than of late. You just have to pretend the top 3 don't exist. From there on down there's a host of action and the balance between teams changes every race.

Soldato
F1 is an interesting sport - If I was a Boss at Mercedes Benz I would question the need to pay a driver such a high salary, when the car is good enough that a driver on a much lower salary put in it, could still win races.

Man of Honour
F1 is an interesting sport - If I was a Boss at Mercedes Benz I would question the need to pay a driver such a high salary, when the car is good enough that a driver on a much lower salary put in it, could still win races.

Max is currently ahead of bottas in the championship. We’ve seen the fastest constructor not always win the championship.

Associate

Same as every sport?

Will answer politely, Hamilton delivers. The great drivers are defined by tenths of a second over their team mate and results, Hamilton is the real deal - wet or dry. I think you are forgetting the testing, feedback. Hamilton love or loathe, is top dog, Verstappen reminds me of Schumacher in his earlier years, his time will come.

The greatest drivers usually end up driving the best cars - there is a period of domination, Hamilton deservedly is riding the wave.

Caporegime
Same as every sport?

Will answer politely, Hamilton delivers. The great drivers are defined by tenths of a second over their team mate and results, Hamilton is the real deal - wet or dry. I think you are forgetting the testing, feedback. Hamilton love or loathe, is top dog, Verstappen reminds me of Schumacher in his earlier years, his time will come.

The greatest drivers usually end up driving the best cars - there is a period of domination, Hamilton deservedly is riding the wave.
But will Verstappen’s time come at Red Bull or will he have to move to Mercedes (or someone else if another team comes to the fore in the new regs)?

Caporegime
Great race.
Renault were really good I wonder if Riccardo had got past verstappen could have been a podium!

Great to see ocon get albon on that last lap. Was really hoping that would happen when I saw those yellow tyres. Ocon needed it.

Feel for. Sainz and leclerc. Especially sainz.

And are people actually trying to say Bottas would have had a Chance if no team orders? Lol

Caporegime
Max is currently ahead of bottas in the championship. We’ve seen the fastest constructor not always win the championship.

This.

Even with the fastest car, you still need a very good driver to guarantee you the championship.

The sometimes large difference between teammates in points at the end of the year shows this.

Also, as shown even in this season, it's rare you have the fastest car on every track and in every condition as well. When you don't you need a brilliant driver to get you as many points as possible.

Last edited:
Soldato
This.

Even with the fastest car, you still need a very good driver to guarantee you the championship.

The sometimes large difference between teammates in points at the end of the year shows this.

Also, as shown even in this season, it's rare you have the fastest car on every track and in every condition as well. When you don't you need a brilliant driver to get you as many points as possible.
This is correct, in a good car some drivers can lift their own skills and abilities even higher, to a new threshold. Whereas some can't...

Soldato

You only have to look at the difference in performance and results between Hamilton, Bottas and Rosberg in the same car to see that Hamilton is worth the money. He consistently drives the Mercedes faster than his teammates, and consistently brings home the wins and the points. Hamilton's performance across a whole season is remarkable for his regular high scoring performance, which another driver in the same car can't match. How many times have we seen an absurd qualifying lap from Hamilton that's significantly faster than his team mate, let alone the other cars?

The best drivers end up in the best cars, because it equates to wins and championships.

Caporegime

Of course, if Hamilton hadn't finished in front of him at the Stygian and Belgium GPs then Bottas would be ahead of Max, albeit not by much. 2017 and 2018 would very clearly have gone to Ferrari without Hamilton. Another Bottas level job wouldn't have got the job done.

Soldato
You only have to look at the difference in performance and results between Hamilton, Bottas and Rosberg in the same car to see that Hamilton is worth the money. He consistently drives the Mercedes faster than his teammates, and consistently brings home the wins and the points. Hamilton's performance across a whole season is remarkable for his regular high scoring performance, which another driver in the same car can't match. How many times have we seen an absurd qualifying lap from Hamilton that's significantly faster than his team mate, let alone the other cars?

The best drivers end up in the best cars, because it equates to wins and championships.

For sure Hamilton is quicker but as Mr Jack also mentioned - If Hamilton wasn't there Mercedes would still be winning.
I'm pretty sure you could put any of the F1 drivers in the Merc and they would be winning too. My point is you have to question Mercedes spending $50m(?) per year for Hamilton when they would win with drivers on a much lower salary.

At least with expensive footballers their value is worth it as it's purely individual skill on show.

Back
Top Bottom