Belkin Pre-n router and zoom x3 adsl

Associate
Just spent a rather irritating hour trying to get these two articles to work together. I can't get the install software to recognise the router, nor can I access it via it's IP address.

It is broadcasting a wireless network and the cat5 connection works fine, ipconfig brings up the IP address for the zoom x3. You can connect to the wireless network, but can't access the router to set it up securely. My thoughts are

1. I'm an eejit (quite likely)
2. The router is borked
3. errm??

Any ideas appreciated - Belkin support is rubbish

Suspended
Are you trying to access the management page via the wireless link or via a cabled link?
The reason I ask is that many wireless routers ship with the manage via wireless option turned off by default and require you to set them up using a cabled connection

Suspended
OK have you cabled the router directly to your pc (with nothing else attached or in between) and manually set the IP range on your pc to match that of the router ??

You can MSN me at [email protected] if you need some meore help

Caporegime
More detail, starting with how you've got them hooked up, and what the default IPs for both are, as well as what "ipconfig brings up the IP address for the zoom x3" means (you mean that a machine gets given the X3's IP as default gateway?) would be useful.

Associate
OP
thanks for the help - according to Belkin the router was borked and they've sent ou a replacement - see how this one goes when it arrives.

Sorry about lack of detail but it's at a mates house in London

Back
Top Bottom