• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Benchmarks for AT HD 5870

Soldato
Sorry for asking another stupid question it's just I'm about to choose between the X58 and P55 chipsets and I'm worried if I where to buy either the new ATI5870 or the Nvidia295 that it could lose performance due to the P55 with it's single 16x PCI-E 2.0 lane :confused: with this in mind would I be better going X58? I will be using a single card just not sure which one, but I'm leaning towards the new ATI5870 and when funds permit probably a second card :D

If you think you'll be using CrossFireX or SLi then get an X58 board. The price differential isn't that great and from my experience the i920's are much better clockers too.

If you're not going CrossFireX or SLi then it's irrelevant as both X58 and P55 only support x16 per slot - you can't get more than a x16 slot.

Back
Top Bottom