BenQ FP202W 20" vs Viewsonic VA2012W 20"

Associate
hi guys

just registered but have been lurking for a while and am very impressed with the wealth of knowledge available so i thought id ask my question here

which of the 2 TFT's in the title would be the best buy? are there any other 20" TFT's that are better for roughly the same price? also is 20" essential or can i get away with 19" (going from a fishbowl 19" crt lol)

*forgot to mention, i want it for games,movies & web surfing although gaming
at 1680x1050 is out of the question until conroe arrives in july & the big rig gets built

many thanks

pete

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Hi ManWhoCan, welcome to OcUK :)

The BenQ FP202W and Viewsonic VA2012W both use the same panel. It's an 8ms rated TN Film panel from Chunghwa Picture Tubes (CPT). While the panel is quite good, it doesnt really offer the all round performance that other panel technologies can. I would recommend having a read of this article which covers all the most popular 20"WS models at the moment. Models like the Belinea 102035W and Viewsonic VX2025WM would be far more suitable for all round work. They are comparable, if not a little better, in terms of responsiveness to the BenQ / VA2012W but offer much wider viewing angles (thanks to P-MVA panel technology used), smoother movie playback (about as good as you'll get from modern 20"WS models at the mo), deeper black (a real strength of MVA technology) and are still comparable in price.

Have a look at that article, should explain everything.

I think if you can afford a 20"WS then it would certainly be nice for movies and gaming is becoming more and more aimed at WS format. The extra size and res will be really nice for all uses really, shame to settle for a 19" :)

Back
Top Bottom