BenQ ZOWIE XL2411 144Hz & GTX 1080Ti HELP.

Associate
Hello everyone, I recently got a new PC with the lovely GTX 1080Ti in it, however it seems that it does not support 144hz? Or at least the adapter that ships with the GPU does not support it, I am a little confused however as to what I need? I am not exactly tech savvy but from what I can gather DisplayPort will do the trick, however I am unsure as to whether the Benq XL2411 even has a DP slot? Would I then need a DisplayPort to HDMI adapter and a DisplayPort cable to benefit from 144HZ on my new card? Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

Associate
OP
I am fairly sure that is the cable that I currently have hooked up, however I've heard that the bog standard adapter that the 1080ti ships with only goes up to 60hz? Do I need a new adapter then? If so where would I go about finding one. Thanks for the reply!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply, and I've actually decided to trade in my monitor for the Asus VG248qe I had no idea the BenQ wasn't DP ready, the Asus is for a similar price, that way I can just connect a DP to DP cable from my monitor up to the GPU and not faff about with the adapter.

Associate
If you can afford one I would highly recommend a GSync monitor at 144Hz, I just picked up the dell 27 inch from the bay for a good price and its fantastic with my 1070 - would expect it to be brilliant with a 1080Ti at 1440p

Associate
Back
Top Bottom