1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berghaus jacket

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tom26, 15 Feb 2006.

1. tom26

Hitman

I'm considering purchasing one of their RG1 jackets but not sure on where I could buy it from don't know any stores where I live that sell them can anyone recommend any websites? and also if I was buying from a website generally I'm a medium but am I going to find they have small sizes or anything or are they normal?

2. Curio

Sgarrista

3. Big Spender

Wise Guy

DEAR GOD DONT GET ONE!!!!!!!

all i see up here is all the neds/chavs wearing these thinking they look "hard" when there really a bunch of skinny runts. thats my 2 cents anyway! :)

4. Curio

Sgarrista

I was going to say, unfortunately Berghaus are one of the most "lifted" items of clothing around. Maybe look at The North Face instead? They're a similar quality and I don't think the chavs have discovered them yet?

5. chipperhead

Mobster

I can definately recommend a North Face Jacket.
    Just got myself an alpine triclimate in all black, awesome.

6. shifty_uk

Capodecina

Berghaus has Chav/Ned written all over it.

I agree that another option like North Face would be best, and perhaps cheaper aswell.

7. vygec

Gangster

sorry i disagree, i just bought the berghaus big chill jacket, mind you...cost a bit. Dont see how its 'chavy', in fact its quite a smart looking jacket, and keeps me bloody warm, regardless of the weather.

8. Sanzy

Banned

my nana and grandad where berghaus .... so it cant be that chavy

9. Basher

Sgarrista

Unfortunately chavs in increasing numbers are turning to Berghaus, like some others have said TNF is great kit, is you really want to splash out arc' teryx do some awesome kit

10. xb8browney

Soldato

Yep especially in Newcastle, Also taken over K-Swiss now :(

11. Dave M

Soldato

Alpine and the north face are berghauses budget brands aren't they?

An alpine jacket will do you very well, no need to spend extra on a berghaus branded one - just make sure it's gortex and you'll be fine.

I wouldn't ever say don't wear it just because some idiot in liverpool does - your not gonna see them half way up a welsh mountain are you?

I wouldn't wear anything so expensive day to day as you don't need to be that water proof and they cost so much. So if you don't intend on walking out in the wilds just get something cheap.

12. Basher

Sgarrista

Alpine is yeah but TNF is most certainly not. TNF IMO make better jackets than berghaus, better designed, more handy features and nicer to wear too.

13. KaHn

Capodecina

Yeah North Face are very good winter gear, as is Mountain (think thats it). Also if your looking for a very warm coat look at Canadian Goose, they do all the artic expidition clothing.

KaHn

14. Basher

Sgarrista

You thinking of Mountain Harware or Mountain Equipment?

15. Spacky

PermaBanned

Basher if you can email me, I can talk to you abit about coats there and brands and their fabrics etc.

16. Spacky

PermaBanned

Mountain Equipment make good jackets I have a synthetic down jacket of theirs. Mountain hardware are good to, there dual layering system is good and you can get a decent waterproof and insultator jacket in one for about £120.

Gortex is the branded breathable material, Gortex XCR is even more pricey but even better. I own a Torrion Sprayway XCR jacket, suits me for trekking and hiking. Depends also on how many seasons you want to use it for as well and also where you want to go with it. Used that Torrion coat in Finland and Estonia and also here for walking mountains and hills at night. Most companies use Gortex or their owned branded breathable fabric.

17. KaHn

Capodecina

Mountian Equipment i think

KaHn

18. FunkyT

Mobster

For a waterproof + insulator jacket (3-way jacket) you'll need to pay about £200 if you buy Berghaus, Mountain Hardwear or TNF.

19. Shifter_Hull

Wise Guy

Berghaus great jackets

20. daz

Capodecina

Canada Goose > *

As featured on The Day After Tomorrow and apparently used by the US in Antarctica etc. [​IMG]

Last edited: 19 Feb 2006