Best £1,000 Gaming PC For 2018+ Onward ?

Soldato
The fact you have a 1gb graphics card that's not the strongest anymore as such is your weak link along with the power supply, you might need more than 8gb ram.

Your i5 would still suffice for today's gaming, not exactly that old if you think about it, but whether it's fact it's Radeon or the games better with nvidia, your 1gb vram is killer and this is coming from someone who doesn't care about having big vram, but has experienced it many times, thay PUGB might be more demanding that GTA V?.

Anyways i noticed people have listed builds, so if you want new then go with whoever has the best, 6 core ryzen, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb should do the job

Associate
OP
The fact you have a 1gb graphics card that's not the strongest anymore as such is your weak link along with the power supply, you might need more than 8gb ram.

Your i5 would still suffice for today's gaming, not exactly that old if you think about it, but whether it's fact it's Radeon or the games better with nvidia, your 1gb vram is killer and this is coming from someone who doesn't care about having big vram, but has experienced it many times, thay PUGB might be more demanding that GTA V?.

Anyways i noticed people have listed builds, so if you want new then go with whoever has the best, 6 core ryzen, 16gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb should do the job
thanks for the info!

Soldato
Are you sure that this case will fit all of these components in it? Not that i doubt your build, just that i want to be sure before i order it. Also would i need to buy anything extra such as wiring etc?
Yep, case supports max gfx card 320mm and the Gigabyte is 285mm.

Everything else is standard. But be aware you can only attach an external optical drive (DVD-R drive) if you plan on using one. But all games can be bought digitally - and all new ones are.

Associate
OP
Yep, case supports max gfx card 320mm and the Gigabyte is 285mm.

Everything else is standard. But be aware you can only attach an external optical drive (DVD-R drive) if you plan on using one. But all games can be bought digitally - and all new ones are.
thanks so much for all your help. My dad said we're gonna start ordering parts tomorrow in hopes it will all arrive for my birthday. I'll report back to you if I run into any trouble, thanks again chief :)

Soldato
thanks so much for all your help. My dad said we're gonna start ordering parts tomorrow in hopes it will all arrive for my birthday. I'll report back to you if I run into any trouble, thanks again chief :)
No worries - i'll stay subscribed to thread.

Best if luck and Happy Birthday.

Soldato

Just wondering, have either one of you build a PC before, since you mentioned earlier you were not sure about adding parts to your current build, since you "might not get past all the wires" The Zalman case you currently have is reasonably spacious, and if you are worried about adding parts, how can you be confident building a new system? I am not tryig to put you off, but depending on where you live you may find a friendly OCUK'er willing to help you who has much more experience. :)

Also, one question about your gaming setup, are you running Ethernet cable from the router or running WI-FI?

Soldato
@Plec Just wondering if you think the Gigabyte GTX 1070 is worth it against the Palit card? They are pretty much specification in terms of cooling set up, the Palit is only £389, so £30 less and is in stock, the Gigabyte is out of stock until at least 22nd Sept. If he changes this then it would allow him to get the AMAZING 8 Pack Ryzen bundle, with the R5 1600, 16GB of the same RAM, but will have the Taichi board, yes I know he'll then need a full size case. It works out approximately the same cost.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £824.46
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Soldato
@Plec Just wondering if you think the Gigabyte GTX 1070 is worth it against the Palit card? They are pretty much specification in terms of cooling set up, the Palit is only £389, so £30 less and is in stock, the Gigabyte is out of stock until at least 22nd Sept. If he changes this then it would allow him to get the AMAZING 8 Pack Ryzen bundle, with the R5 1600, 16GB of the same RAM, but will have the Taichi board, yes I know he'll then need a full size case. It works out approximately the same cost.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £824.46
(includes shipping: £10.50)

Hey @Journey

It may be a moot point as it looks like you can't remove the cooler anymore as an option (probably as it made the deal too good) - which would obviously take him considerably over budget. Could you check your end - as it may be a problem my side...

However if this isn't the case:

The bundle, on paper, is appealing but it's the 11th hour, so to speak, so it's whether he's got the time/inclination to talk through pros and cons before he orders (if he hasn't done so already - so i don't wish to put doubt/lessen the excitement in his present order as it's solid micro build). The most obvious one being whether he was going to overclock and if so by how much? For example, if he was going for the average ~3.7GHz then the present spec will suit his needs and in a decent sized quality/format and within budget. Plus, overclocked bundles can sometimes put the fear of god into the novice builder as it can seem a bit overwhelming - we know they don't have to apply the clock but it can still come across as voodoo to the uninitiated :). But as you noted in your previous post he has a Zalman Z3 so your amendment could be applied if Luke wants to consider it...

I do specs as example builds - never set in stone - so they can mull over the best compromise for their needs, as the thread develops, when compared to other suggestions - i'll chip in with my opinion, such as above, but don't break a sweat if they choose another option (i'm not precious about my builds - they're a means to an end to get the best bang-for-buck along with OPs tastes. The bundle fulfils this in a lot of areas.)

I haven't worked with the Palit GTX 1070 - but as it was within budget i steered him towards the Gigagbyte. I know you're not driven by warranties (not a criticism) but I, personally, like the UK RMA when buying GFX cards - especially given Ryzen's lack of IGPU. He may have a spare card which may render this moot...

There's no denying the bargain that is the 8 Pack bundle is at present when removong the AIO and settle for 3.7GHz as you still have the potential for a future guaranteed 3.9GHz clock coupled with a superior x370.

But it may not be an option given i can't remove the cooler anymore from the bundle - can you?

Soldato
avoid the Palit Dual.... quite loud for a blower- nothing like their Gamerock heatsink and fan designs

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/zota...s-graphics-card-zt-p10700g-10m-gx-10r-zt.html

if your after cheapness and 3+2 year warranty better then 2 year .

The duals are sold by the bucket loads to sstem builders to get cheap 1070/80 systems would there . Also they are slightly tweaked Reference boards to be cheaper - see a distributor only sell them in packs of ten haha

Soldato
Associate
OP
Just wondering, have either one of you build a PC before, since you mentioned earlier you were not sure about adding parts to your current build, since you "might not get past all the wires" The Zalman case you currently have is reasonably spacious, and if you are worried about adding parts, how can you be confident building a new system? I am not tryig to put you off, but depending on where you live you may find a friendly OCUK'er willing to help you who has much more experience. :)

Also, one question about your gaming setup, are you running Ethernet cable from the router or running WI-FI?
Yes, my dad has build a PC before with similar budget. And again yes, I have an Ethernet cable running to my PC.

Associate
OP
No worries - hope the build goes smoothly.

I always add the following with Ryzen builds:

Ideally with Ryzen builds you would flash the BIOS almost immediately. Once you've established post with a minimal setup - CPU, 1 stick, GFX, keyboard and have established temps/stability seems OK, flash the BIOS.

Install the latest BIOS file to a freshly formatted FAT 32 USB stick and update via the dedicated Q Flash utility as it's a Gigabyte board (hit <end> at post) to flash the BIOS (prep the stick before hand). This will ensure you have maximum memory compatibility - and should ensure you hit 3000MHz (2933MHz) using the XMP.
About what you said here ; what exactly do you mean by "flash the bios". Because the only place I recognize "Bios" from is from pressing one of the function buttons during startup on my PC, but even then i was just folllowing a tutorial to fix a problem I had. If you could explain what you mean by "flash the bios" and what BIOS are in general that would be really helpful!

Associate
OP
No worries - i'll stay subscribed to thread.

Best if luck and Happy Birthday.
So im going to order the parts tonight for sure, but i was wondering if there was any last minute discounts or discount codes even if I could just save a few pounds right before I buy it because its the first time ive ever spent this amount of money on something and its a real step up. Any last second discounts or codes you know of I could use??

Back
Top Bottom