1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best 19" TFT for about £300 from OCUK

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by Solouko, 24 Jul 2006.

1. Solouko

Hitman

ok, i'm reallly thinking hard now about my next build, i've budgeted £300 for a TFT and i'm looking for something with a hight resolution and a great not just good but GREAT viewing angle 160 H&V or more and a greally good brightness because i'm sick and tired of having a screen that's constantly dark in my room

2. cobxx

Gangster

Most people suggest getting a 20.1" for a small bit more (can get em for less than 300 anyway) due to better resolutions. And there's always more widescreen's at 20.1" which are very nice

3. Zefan

Don

Dunno if it'll do your brightness and field of view, but the Hanns-G available for £140 from OcUK is an absolute steal.

4. fish99

Soldato

Avoid all TN+Film screens. Good viewing angles means MVA, PVA and IPS screens. Viewsonic VP930 and Samsung SM-970P are the screens you want to be looking at. If it's for gaming go for the VP930. They don't do high resolutions though - all 19" 5:4 screens do 1280*1024. If you need a higher resolution you will need to go 20" or bigger.

As for brightness, which screens have you owned that were dull - are we talking CRTs here? All TFTs are pretty bright these days.

5. Baddass

Don

The Dell 2007WFP is currently a steal at <£300. As fish99 has said above, if you want wide viewing angles you need to avoid TN Film models. Even those with quoted viewing angles of 160 / 160 are restrictive in this area, even vertically and the specs listed are pretty exagerated. Look for IPS / VA based panel technologies if you want wide viewing angles. The 2007WFP uses an S-IPS panel by the way, and if you want a higher resolution than a 19" model can offer, it would be a good choice.

6. Daniel

Hitman

Hi,

I have the Dell 2007WFP and it's an excellent monitor.

I use it for everything including gaming and I have found it to always be nice and clear with no ghosting etc.

The brigtness is very bright at the factory default which is 50%. I have mine set at 30% and that is just right for me.

The only thing I have noticed is that if I use the gaming mode preset the screen flashes a bit but this only seems to happen when using VGA. When I use DVI there is no problem at all.

Very nice monitor and I am very pleased with it.

Dan

7. GhostRider

Gangster

I'd get a 20" widescreen for that money like the viewsonic. 20" have a bigger resolution which offers alot more desktop space. 19" have the same res as the 17" and stretch the pixels. I think this looks a bit naff.