Best 19" TFT for about £300 from OCUK

Associate
ok, i'm reallly thinking hard now about my next build, i've budgeted £300 for a TFT and i'm looking for something with a hight resolution and a great not just good but GREAT viewing angle 160 H&V or more and a greally good brightness because i'm sick and tired of having a screen that's constantly dark in my room

Associate
Most people suggest getting a 20.1" for a small bit more (can get em for less than 300 anyway) due to better resolutions. And there's always more widescreen's at 20.1" which are very nice

Soldato
Avoid all TN+Film screens. Good viewing angles means MVA, PVA and IPS screens. Viewsonic VP930 and Samsung SM-970P are the screens you want to be looking at. If it's for gaming go for the VP930. They don't do high resolutions though - all 19" 5:4 screens do 1280*1024. If you need a higher resolution you will need to go 20" or bigger.

As for brightness, which screens have you owned that were dull - are we talking CRTs here? All TFTs are pretty bright these days.

Man of Honour
The Dell 2007WFP is currently a steal at <£300. As fish99 has said above, if you want wide viewing angles you need to avoid TN Film models. Even those with quoted viewing angles of 160 / 160 are restrictive in this area, even vertically and the specs listed are pretty exagerated. Look for IPS / VA based panel technologies if you want wide viewing angles. The 2007WFP uses an S-IPS panel by the way, and if you want a higher resolution than a 19" model can offer, it would be a good choice.

Associate
Hi,

I have the Dell 2007WFP and it's an excellent monitor.

I use it for everything including gaming and I have found it to always be nice and clear with no ghosting etc.

The brigtness is very bright at the factory default which is 50%. I have mine set at 30% and that is just right for me.

The only thing I have noticed is that if I use the gaming mode preset the screen flashes a bit but this only seems to happen when using VGA. When I use DVI there is no problem at all.

Very nice monitor and I am very pleased with it.

Dan

Associate
I'd get a 20" widescreen for that money like the viewsonic. 20" have a bigger resolution which offers a lot more desktop space. 19" have the same res as the 17" and stretch the pixels. I think this looks a bit naff.

Back
Top Bottom