Best 26-28" monitor for gaming?

Associate
Hi,
I have been looking at the Dell 2709, but have read mixed reviews regarding input lag.

So, I am wanting to know which would be the best 26-28" monitor for gaming, preferably for the Xbox 360 using VGA.

These are what I have been looking at:

NEC MultiSync® EA261WM
Iilyama ProLite E2607WS-1
ViewSonic VX2835wm, VX2640w
Samsung??

If you could give me a reason why one of these are the best and point to a few good reviews, I would be grateful.

Associate
yes it seems everyone is deserting us, even im not getting enough input in my thread. O well, at least im here 4u.

One of the best monitors i have ever seen that handle gaming sources via current gen consoles is the Benq FP241VW. Its an LCD 1920 x 1080 6ms response, ultra stylish display that has hdmi vga and dvi inputs. I used it with my x-xbox 360, and it was great. . Its a WUXGA display btw i think.

203608095.jpg

But if you want to help in my thread please do. Im discusiing the future of monitors and higher resolutions via displayport that'l replace vga and dvi. ;D

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18017487

Oh i jus realised you were looking for a 26-28 inch. hmmmmmmmmmmmm gimme a sec

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply :)

Lol, at least someone else posted all be it to tell you off :(

Oh well, no closer to making a decision.

If anyone has come across a good page for reviews on 26+ monitors, I would appreciate it if they posted it here or PM me.

Cheers

Caporegime
Thanks for the reply :)

Lol, at least someone else posted all be it to tell you off :(

Oh well, no closer to making a decision.

If anyone has come across a good page for reviews on 26+ monitors, I would appreciate it if they posted it here or PM me.

Cheers

Well, I don't know a great deal about monitors but today from OcUk I bought the Samsung 26" T260. I've been itching to upgrade my monitor for some time, otherwise the X2 I bought would be somewhat redundant. The reviews look very good and I'll post back, if you want, what I thought of it. I don't think I've made a bad decision. Certainly not a hasty one either. :)

Associate
I can't rate the Hanns-G 27.5" enough, especially for the money... Not as cheap as it was when it came out, but still great bang-per-buck.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies.

I am worries about the input lag mostly. I currently have a Dell 24" which I am happy with but I know it suffers a little from lag. I would have gone for the 27" version but I have read so many sites that say this is really bad for it.

Associate
I'm using a Hanns-G 27.5" monitor and I can't flaw it, especially for the price. Looking at friends monitors, which have a higher money to resolution ratio, and I can't any noticable increase in vibrance from their monitors to mine.

Back
Top Bottom