Best 28" Monitor for sub £400?

Associate
I want to up-scale from my current 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ due to lack of screen real estate, and would like to know what people think is the best 28" monitor for a max budget of £400?

Associate
I'm very pleased with my Hanns G 27.5 inch. Upgraded from a Samsung 226BW.

I would agree with some of the other comments though, the Iiyama are better quality. I bought a Hanns G because I couldn't get an Iiyama with 1920 x 1200 resolution at the time.
My only criticism of the Hanns G is that it doesn't do 1:1 pixel mapping so I had to abandon my plans to link it to my PS3. I didn't like the "stretched" appearance of the picture. Apart from that, it's all good :)

Associate
I'm waiting for my Hanns G to arrive from OC tomorrow. Had exactly the same dilema but decided against the Iiyama just because I can get a little extra res for less money.

Find out tomorrow if that was the right choice! :)

Associate
Update:

Monitor arrived today as expected from OC.

1) This monitor is massive! - no dead pixels.
2) The brightness has been programmed by Stevie Wonder - I still got a tan when I turned it on.
3) After 5 minutes of playing with the picture controls; although fiddly, it produced a very good picture.
4) I do not know how they can produce this monitor at this cost. £199 +vat??? OC are still making a profit at this price point so God knows what they trade at.

Very impressed with this so far, only down side is that I now have to buy another graphics card to use this to its full ability.

8/10 out of the box
9/10 after an adjustment fiddle
10/10 price
10/10 purchase satisfaction.

Must be monitor bargain of the deckade at this price point :D

Associate
I could have. But this was next day delivery with a courier I trust and have used before and I know they look after the gear. Of course if I get a problem, the extra £10 guarantee's Overclockers' service which I have used for 8 years.

If I get a problem I know they will sort it, they always have. Better the devil you know I say as cheaper is not always better :)

Soldato
I could have. But this was next day delivery with a courier I trust and have used before and I know they look after the gear. Of course if I get a problem, the extra £10 guarantee's Overclockers' service which I have used for 8 years.

If I get a problem I know they will sort it, they always have. Better the devil you know I say as cheaper is not always better :)

You get the same warrenty wherever you buy, 3 year on site :cool:

Associate
budget of £400 and bought one for £199 inc vat, WHY NOT GET 2!!!!!1117

I thought about getting three seeing as it would cost just a bit more than a U2410, then I realised that my desk probably wouldn't hold them up and I only have 1x 470 so can't do triple screens

Associate
I'm very pleased with my Hanns G 27.5 inch. Upgraded from a Samsung 226BW.

I would agree with some of the other comments though, the Iiyama are better quality. I bought a Hanns G because I couldn't get an Iiyama with 1920 x 1200 resolution at the time.
My only criticism of the Hanns G is that it doesn't do 1:1 pixel mapping so I had to abandon my plans to link it to my PS3. I didn't like the "stretched" appearance of the picture. Apart from that, it's all good :)

+1

Back
Top Bottom