• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best 5870 from OCUK?

Associate
Hi Folks,

Ive come into some cash and its just enought to buy any 5870.

Does anyone have some advice on which 5870 to buy from overclockers, or heaven forbid one that they dont stock from somone else?

Been trying to find a site that compares the lot but its hard work comparing reviews from different sites.

Any and all advice welcome.

Xommul

Soldato
You should also get the Rev2 Asus with an improved cooler if you buy one now; http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=iAXaiw2KfP5w0xU0&templete=2

Largr fan, copper heatsink and AFAIK the same PCB so still good clocking and voltage control.

Personally I wouldn't. Read a review of it, it runs louder than the reference one, and their sample didn't overclock as well as the ref.

See here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18143395

Deffo go for the Asus, though, the extra £5 also gets you an unlocked bios, which the Sapphire doesn't have.

Associate
OP
Well i dont think i will be overclocking the gpu, im not that clever. Took ages to work out how to overclock my i5 750 to 3.6ghz and stable.

All i want is best card for money without wasting cash, i am a gamer and want fps + future proof for 2 yrs minimum.

Soldato
Well i dont think i will be overclocking the gpu, im not that clever. Took ages to work out how to overclock my i5 750 to 3.6ghz and stable.

All i want is best card for money without wasting cash, i am a gamer and want fps + future proof for 2 yrs minimum.

Easy to overclock, just download MSI Afterburner (better s/w than Asus) and up the core and memory and voltage and stress test it. Most people seem to get at least 900+ on the core.

Soldato
Personally I wouldn't. Read a review of it, it runs louder than the reference one, and their sample didn't overclock as well as the ref.

See here:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18143395

Deffo go for the Asus, though, the extra £5 also gets you an unlocked bios, which the Sapphire doesn't have.

I meant if you ordered one it will be the the revised version, not that you had a choice :p

If you managed to do a CPU a GPU is even easier :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom