Best 6+ Instant Messaging app?

Soldato
Hey guys,

So I've always used IM+ Pro on my phone but they seem to not be doing a whole lot these days and I don't see any 6+ optimisation in the pipeline.

So I'm looking for a new app that supports at least gchat, msn/live messenger, and aim protocols in the one client and is similar to iMessage on the 6+, as switching between that and IM+ all the time is driving me crazy with everything being so damn huge on IM+

Any suggestions are appreciated! :D

Soldato
Verbs IM is probably the most Apple-esque but the developers are lazy and last time I used it (back on iOS 6) it was a hugely unreliable product. It received an iOS 7 update a long while after the official release, and nothing since.

Otherwise, Nimbuzz is the other big option AFAIK. Does imo.im still offer multiple protocols?

To be honest I'd consider moving to a service that offers its own clients, and trying to shift people over. Personally use Telegram, though if you are really worried about security it probably isn't the best choice.

Soldato
OP
I thought I'd mention the devs of the original app got around to remedying this in the form of a new £3.99 app called IM+ Pro7 and it's simple, slick and the UI scales properly now. So worth it for me and maybe an option for some..

Bit pricey but I loathe the hangouts app and any other alternatives!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom