1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best bang for buck PSU?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Midget^, 2 May 2006.

1. Midget^

Gangster

So my computer went bust :(.

I'd been using a 430w Truepower (version 1 i think, came with the Antec 1080AMG case), but woke up yesterday to the computer turning on (all fans spinning, dvd drives ect lighting up), but just got a blank screen.

At first I thought it was the motherboard (Asrock Dual SataII), but upon testing the PSU on another motherboard / cpu / graphics card / ram (old parts), done the same thing :(.

I would much rather have upgraded my motherboard than the PSU but that's life for you. So people, what is probably the best bang for buck for my setup?

3700+
    Asrock Dual SataII
    x1800XT
    1 SATA HDD
    1 DVD-RW Drive
    1 Floppy Drive
    3 fans.

That's about it.

Don't overclock ect really, so I am looking for the best reliability / price ratio being a student has its set backs on funds.

Thanks for any advice.

2. BigDom

Wise Guy

Tagan 430W silent Modular will do you fine and is good value for money :)

3. MeddlE

Wise Guy

Aerocool 450w, 19dba, plenty of connectors, £31 (not from OcUK unfortunately).

Actually, OcUK, start stocking these Aerocool PSU's please, they are awesome.

4. kayone

Wise Guy

Go for the Enermax Liberty (Modular) - Just ordered one myself for a new build, main fact being they're on offer this week, and praised in every review i've read so far. Might be worth a look.

5. El_Watcher

Mobster

If you want best BANG for buck then get a QTec, guaranteed to go BANG in a big way sometime in the future :D

6. squiffy

Banned

The Enermax Liberties are terrible, I went through 24 to get a good one, terrible terrible. Reallly noisy.

Bet you're ******* yourself now eh? :D

7. KizZ

Soldato

Rofl. On the serious note the FSP are great value for money.

8. Doohickey

Sgarrista

I think the Akasa Paxpowers and X-Pro PSUs are incredibly good value for money.

9. BillytheImpaler

Man of Honour

Quoted for truth.