Best bang for buck PSU?

Associate
So my computer went bust :(.

I'd been using a 430w Truepower (version 1 i think, came with the Antec 1080AMG case), but woke up yesterday to the computer turning on (all fans spinning, dvd drives ect lighting up), but just got a blank screen.

At first I thought it was the motherboard (Asrock Dual SataII), but upon testing the PSU on another motherboard / cpu / graphics card / ram (old parts), done the same thing :(.

I would much rather have upgraded my motherboard than the PSU but that's life for you. So people, what is probably the best bang for buck for my setup?

3700+
Asrock Dual SataII
x1800XT
1 SATA HDD
1 DVD-RW Drive
1 Floppy Drive
3 fans.

That's about it.

Don't overclock ect really, so I am looking for the best reliability / price ratio being a student has its set backs on funds.

Thanks for any advice.

Associate
Aerocool 450w, 19dba, plenty of connectors, £31 (not from OcUK unfortunately).

Actually, OcUK, start stocking these Aerocool PSU's please, they are awesome.

Associate
Go for the Enermax Liberty (Modular) - Just ordered one myself for a new build, main fact being they're on offer this week, and praised in every review i've read so far. Might be worth a look.

Suspended
kayone said:
Go for the Enermax Liberty (Modular) - Just ordered one myself for a new build, main fact being they're on offer this week, and praised in every review i've read so far. Might be worth a look.

The Enermax Liberties are terrible, I went through 24 to get a good one, terrible terrible. Reallly noisy.

Bet you're ******* yourself now eh? :D

Back
Top Bottom