Best brand of trainers for wide, flat feet

Associate
I have fairly average length but very wide flat feet. Trying to find a brand of trainer that not only looks good but is wide enough I dont tear holes through the side would be nice.

I've tried on pretty much every trainer at sports direct and they're all so stiff and narrow I can barely get my foot in, and the ones I can are far too long.

The only ones that are generally wide enough are skate, and hi-tops like air max.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
I went to sporting feet and the guy made me walk around, squat down and a few other things that could just be him being plane creepy after getting on some gait analysis machine and turned out I too had flat and wide feet :p There were a few 'support' shoes he showed me. I ended up with the Brooks Adrenaline - have had it for a couple of weeks now. Quite happy with it. He also showed me the Mizunari (or something similar) which seemed ok (I didn't fancy the design) and another more well known brand (not Nike, Reebok or Adidas - maybe Asics?) which had a seprate 'wide' model, which was really comfy.

Sorry, not massively helpful, but hopefully a couple of things to look at :p

Soldato
New Balance have a reasonable range of width fittings but of course in limited styles. Do you know your actual measurements? I know New Balance has the normal UK/EU/US sizing but also millimetres on most of the shoes which is helpful!

I also used this guide to find out where I fall on the width scale: https://www.widerfitshoes.co.uk/pu+fitting-advice+fittingadvice+1 (grab the relevant guide, scroll down on the right!)

Associate
OP
I went to sporting feet and the guy made me walk around, squat down and a few other things that could just be him being plane creepy after getting on some gait analysis machine and turned out I too had flat and wide feet :p There were a few 'support' shoes he showed me. I ended up with the Brooks Adrenaline - have had it for a couple of weeks now. Quite happy with it. He also showed me the Mizunari (or something similar) which seemed ok (I didn't fancy the design) and another more well known brand (not Nike, Reebok or Adidas - maybe Asics?) which had a seprate 'wide' model, which was really comfy.

Sorry, not massively helpful, but hopefully a couple of things to look at

I live on the Welsh coast it's either sports direct, shoe zone or Wellington's from Wynnstay Will have to find a shop with something similar in Cardiff or Swansea I think :p The brooks look nice and half half measurements is handy.

New Balance have a reasonable range of width fittings but of course in limited styles. Do you know your actual measurements? I know New Balance has the normal UK/EU/US sizing but also millimetres on most of the shoes which is helpful!

I also used this guide to find out where I fall on the width scale: https://www.widerfitshoes.co.uk/pu+fitting-advice+fittingadvice+1 (grab the relevant guide, scroll down on the right!)

I don't know them off the top of my head, but did try that chart before it is was between 6E and 8E

Associate
OP
Soldato
They look narrow where I'm widest (doesn't help I've broken my toes quite a few times ha)

shame as they are awesome ,heres a real pic anyway

rc7rro.jpg

Associate
OP

I literally tear holes through normal shoes, my last cheap pair lasted 2 weeks and my little tow came out of both sides and sole stitching ripped out :(

Brooks are worth a look. Their Adrenaline GTS, comes in 4 different widths, plus they do half sizes. They come in a few colours ranging from mad-yellow to black.

https://www.brooksrunning.com/en_gb/brooks-running-shoes-adrenaline-gts-19-mens/110294.html

I really might give them a try, I know it seems to go up to 4e but it can't be any narrower then what I've got. Really kills my feet after about 6 miles :(

Caporegime
Depends where your feet are wide. I have wide feet and get on well with Altra, they have very wide toe box. But the mid-foot is standard

Associate
I also have very wide feet 4-5E new balance wide are perfect for me and thankfully also go up to size 12 to fit my length and the best part is a large number of the designs they do are make in the uk.

Back
Top Bottom