~J~

~J~

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
I'm gonna go real retro.
"Great Giana Sisters"

Best music ever.

I'll see that and raise it.

Wizball, amazing intro to a game, was 14 at the time and air-guitared my way through every bar with my bed as the stage and the neighbours as my audience.

More recently though, FF7 was good, my word was that good.

Of late, er, HalfLife2.

Man of Honour
Excuse me, has everyone forgotten the first time they saw the 'sonic adventure' intro?!

The jump in graphics from the n64 was INSANE! I know its not ingame, but... geez!

One of the only games that made my jaw drop. Possibly the only one.

Second place, dawn of war!

Associate
Ridge Racer 4 on the PS1 was fantastic. Remember seeing it in a gaming mag, they posted like 4 pages full of frame by frame type screenshots of it. I got the game on jap import and it was stunning,less of the illegal stuff please - Davey

Dawn of war prolly my runner up too. Cracking.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Onimusha 3 for me without a doubt. Fantastic fight scenes in the intro which really set the tone for the game, beautiful CGI work.

I played and completed that in Germany, in German. :D

Was a brilliant game, never remember the intro though. But watching that IGN video of the trailer reminded me of the 'Whip Boy' as the manual called him. :D

Man of Honour
I still reckon it's Z

Edit: Actually I really love the perfect dark intro. Shame about the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Soldato
If we are going for retro, Shadow of the Beast 2 had a pretty jaw dropping intro for the time (Amiga rather than console though).

I have a real soft spot for Blood Omen : Legacy of Kain's CGI on Playstation although it does look very poor by todays standards.

Project X-2's intro on Playstation was pretty cool.

The intro to Super Stardust and Roadkill on CD32 sticks in my memory as well.

The Final Fantasy and Tekken/Soulcalibur stuff is always stunning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom