• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best CPU Cooler under £50

Soldato
OP
Had a change of heart and gone with another AIO. Looking at various dimensions it would have not left a ton of room out front and I preferred the cleaner look of an AIO and also easier to work around.

Corsair H115i PRO XT.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...uid-cooler-280mm-cw-9060044-ww-hs-03y-cs.html

Much cheaper than that though, the last Corsair I has was brilliant (a refurb unit from here actually), and with Corsair Keyboard, Case and I-Cue already onboard, seemed to make sense, also the pump is much better than the previous series by all accounts.

Thanks for the replies and I would probably have gone with the Arctic Duo, I didn't like the poor reviews with Corsair cooler, and didn't think the Mugen was worth the extra.

Soldato
Had a change of heart and gone with another AIO. Looking at various dimensions it would have not left a ton of room out front and I preferred the cleaner look of an AIO and also easier to work around.

Corsair H115i PRO XT.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cors...uid-cooler-280mm-cw-9060044-ww-hs-03y-cs.html

Much cheaper than that though, the last Corsair I has was brilliant (a refurb unit from here actually), and with Corsair Keyboard, Case and I-Cue already onboard, seemed to make sense, also the pump is much better than the previous series by all accounts.

Thanks for the replies and I would probably have gone with the Arctic Duo, I didn't like the poor reviews with Corsair cooler, and didn't think the Mugen was worth the extra.

wat.jpg

Best CPU cooler under £50.

Ignores recommendations, spends £100 + on an AIO. :p

It does look cleaner and if you're happy good for you, bit of a mad jump in cost and terms but there you go.

Soldato
OP
wat.jpg

Best CPU cooler under £50.

Ignores recommendations, spends £100 + on an AIO. :p

It does look cleaner and if you're happy good for you, bit of a mad jump in cost and terms but there you go.

I see what you mean, but I wanted to weigh up both options, I'm not going to spend a ton of money on a big lump of a tower cooler, so I was either going cheapish or going b*lls out!

:D

Associate
I have the Arctic Freezer 34 eSports Duo White CPU Cooler - 2 x 120mm (and posted one of those reviews). Its still good. Two negative points to note: up to about 70% fan speed its quiet - at 100% fan speed it gets much more noisy (this probably applies to all things with fans!) - so my advice is to run at 70% fan speed (but only ramp up after that at very high temps (say 75C); The wire clips to hold the fans on are fiddly and best to fit the cooler and fans before putting your mobo in its case (as if one of the wire clips pop out of its socket then its very fiddly trying to move it around to find the hole whilst its in the case.

Apart from those two negatives it works well - the heat sinks and radiator aren't the largest and so something bigger like the dark rock pro 4 could shift more heat at lower fan speed. Also note one of my systems has a single fan cooler master hyper 212 evo (and so if you want cheaper then anything along these lines should be OK).

Also note that I have got some (there is a value pack of 5 for good price) artic cooling P12 case fans (bought from another retailer) - and am very impressed with them (I have seen reviews and the P model for static pressure also works very well for airflow). such as: 120mm Arctic P12 PWM, 5 Blade, Static Pressure Fan, 1800rpm, 56.3CFM, Fluid Dynamic Bearing, Black, 4-pin LN94065

Back
Top Bottom