1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best download client with resume?

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Bes, 8 Mar 2006.

1. Bes

Soldato

Hi

My work have given me the unenviable task of downloading several gigs of operating systems, Oracle installs etc and I need a good download manager with resume functionality- something that comes as a Firefox component would be nice but if not, something light, free, and free of spyware.... Suggestions please? :D

2. Matteysan

Soldato

Getright used to be good for me, but i dunno what its like now havent used it in 2years.

3. Craig321

Capodecina

4. Xee

Wise Guy

WackGet -Free/light/fast etc think it also can be intergrated with FireFox ;)

5. Amp34

Caporegime

Metaproduct download express is what i use, its small and compact. they do a free version and a better paid for version. here

6. chrismox

Wise Guy

Do you have this successfully integrated with Firefox 1.5?

7. no_1_dave

Soldato

Get the Flashgot firefox extension, this allows you to download in firefox with a 3rd party downloader.
    Then get Star Downloader. It connects 4 times to each download so you can often download quicker & it supports pause/resume etc

8. Dark_Angel

Capodecina

Hey...

The one obvious problem is that a lot of sites have a "monitor" for this type of browser behavior, and will actually not allow your download to start if it detects a manager.

You could check to see if some of these o/s have bittorrent downloads avaiable. Quite a few sites are doing this to save their own bandwidth, and indeed they have the pause and resume ability.