Best Exam revision text for CCNA?

Associate
OP
I've heard that Lammle doesn't cover enough on NAT in particular. Seeing as I havent covered that on the netacad yet it shouldn't be a problem. I'll just have to take more notes etc

I think I have enough to go on right now :) Plus, we just got hold of 2 x Catalyst 2950's for our office at work (three of us in the team now with a VERY decent Lab setup)

Thanks for the comments :) Hopefully I wont **** the exam up! Not taking it until May, so plenty time yet :D

Soldato
xander_uk2 said:
I've heard that Lammle doesn't cover enough on NAT in particular. Seeing as I havent covered that on the netacad yet it shouldn't be a problem. I'll just have to take more notes etc

I think I have enough to go on right now :) Plus, we just got hold of 2 x Catalyst 2950's for our office at work (three of us in the team now with a VERY decent Lab setup)

Thanks for the comments :) Hopefully I wont **** the exam up! Not taking it until May, so plenty time yet :D

Theres hardly any NAT in the CCNA at all, at most you'll only be asked to describe what it does, and the difference between inside local, inside global, outside local and outside global, address types.

Soldato
On additional study material, I'd recommend running through the CCNA Boson exam a few times - only to identify any areas of weakness. As I recall you get a free copy with Odom's book.

Soldato
Testkings are bad for memorising, but i do recommend having a browse over one (only 10 q's or so) so you can determine the difficuly of the test. Really helped me with MS exam 291 as i hadn't done anywhere near enough revision and nearly wasted £100.

Soldato
I'd genuinely like to get something out of this and not just a certification. Meaning I will be avoiding Testking and will take the 2 exam route so that I can study the books seperately and take the time to learn the information.

I felt like my degree offered me limited knowledge even though its given me a basis for the future I wanted more out of it. The CCNA is going to help me progress in my direction of networking and I want to actually learn something from it that I can use later on. Will probably follow up with a ccda and then a ccnp at some point later on so that a company may pay for the course.

Soldato
I agree about degree, I did a networking degree and completed it well but wasnt competent at subnetting/routing etc ............this to me seems crazy, the CCNA on the other hand I feel has given me a solid understanding of networking......if I find time I might do CCNP, I heard that the CCDA is tough BTW........

Soldato
I've been doing the questions that are in the book and the cd. I've been getting them all pretty much right and feel confident I have the knowledge.

What I'm wondering is are the cisco exam questions going to be extremely different? If I can answer these with ease will the exam be farely easy too?

I dont want to go in feeling confident and realise I've not learned certain information.

Soldato
asim said:
I've been doing the questions that are in the book and the cd. I've been getting them all pretty much right and feel confident I have the knowledge.

What I'm wondering is are the cisco exam questions going to be extremely different? If I can answer these with ease will the exam be farely easy too?

I dont want to go in feeling confident and realise I've not learned certain information.

Take the CCNA exam in the link I posted above. If you can confidently pass that then you should be able to pass the real one.

Soldato
I looked at the link but it only provides exams for the full ccna.

I've been doing the questions on the cd that came with the ccna intro book. I can pass the intro book quiz and cd quiz which tells me that I should do well in the ccna intro exam but when I do the full exam that comes on the cd it becomes increasingly difficult. I suppose since I havent studied the icnd book yet I dont have the knowledge to answer those questions. It just throws me off a bit as the icnd questions are on the ccna intro cd.

Back
Top Bottom