1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Expansions For IL & IL: FB's?

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by xbeanx3000, 17 Jan 2006.

1. xbeanx3000

Associate

I've been looking at a few IL packs (for both games) but I'm worried I might buy some generic cash-in from a third party. I've seen 2-3 expansions so far (not including Aces, although I'm puzzled by a double listing "IL-2 Forgotten Battles: Ace Expansion Pack" and "Forgotten Battles: Aces".

Every expansion pack excluding Aces hasn't been reviewed by Gamespot or IGN, so I'm not sure of their quality.

2. William

Capodecina

IL2: FB is a standalone game you require it to install the Aces Expansion.
    FB Aces: I think is the IL2:FB and Aces Expansion bundled together/
    IL2: Aces Expansion Pack is the expansion pack which requires IL2:FB
    IL2:Sturmovik is the first version of IL2 and is not compatible with the above.

Finally there is Pacific Fighters which is another addon (I think) to IL2:FB. it might be that it is standalone. :)

3. OzZie

Mobster

^ Spot on. :)

All you really want is IL-2 Forgotten Battles (2CD's). Aces Expansion (1CD) and finally Pacific Fighters (2CD's).

Read Here about the patching order before you go ahead, as it can be very confusing. :)

4. xbeanx3000

Associate

Thanks for clearing that up, that really helped. Here are the other packs I've been looking at though.

- Combat Over Europe
    - Battle over Europe
    - Eastern Thunder

5. OzZie

Mobster

This looks like a nice addon.

Not tried it myself though :)