Best 'fun' car?

Soldato
A GTI6 sounds ideal to be honest.

The 306 Rallye is one of those cars that doesn't really make sense on paper, but if you want one you want one, so if he even has to think if he should get one or not then he probably shouldn't

If you think a 205 GTi is too hardcore then a 106/Saxo is going to be a step TOO far, but my personal suggestion for a fun Hatchback for this sort of money is always going to be a 205 GTI 16v. Clios do absoultely nothing for me, while the appeal of a "retro" car with a modern 16v engine is great (even though In an ideal world I'd drive something completely different).

Soldato
MK4 Golf, Fun?! hahah :D
Seriously, the rallye will be awesome :) I have owned a gti6 (full fat version) and a 172 cup. The 172 is awesome at everything, the rallye however is more fun!

GT3

GT3

Soldato
dsc01801py2.jpg

dsc01808ki6.jpg

dsc01804dw7.jpg

40k miles and rebuilt cammed engine, new brakes, wheels, tyres the works

I know someone who would be persuaded to sell this for £3k ;)

Soldato
I think an MX5 would be the logical choice, you could get a half decent E36 328i for that too or even see if you can find an E30 325i ...however they seem to be appreciating now so weather you would get a really nice one for £3k I'm not sure.

Permabanned
OP
I think a GTi6 or Rallye is the best bet, I have told him a 172 but he wont have that!!! A 205 is a little old and a 306 would be a better drive and car I feel, the MX5 is a good suggestion but he hates the insides and are a little underpowered for what he would want.

The BMW is a good one but the cost of running one would be far too high I feel, they are much much more expensive part and service wise to a little French motor????

Permabanned
OP
I have being in a 1.9GTi and it did not feel that great really, far too rattly and loud, plus it didn’t seem to go was ‘nippy’ but not fast in that sense. I cant see how it can be better than a 6?

Permabanned
OP
Yeah I know looking on the good old Google the 1.9 has good specs, 7s to 60 and only 750kg maybe the one I went in was running low on power or had a few sand bags in the boot as it just did not feel quick like the stats suggest.

Back
Top Bottom