• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

best GEFORCE card for £90?

Soldato
Thanks, did you also like the underlying truth?

Don't worry, I understand, but he may have his reasons, justified or not.

Non the less, joe if you get your post count up you could probably get a pretty decent card second hand on the members market for that sort of money. Read the FAQ if you're not aware of it.

Man of Honour
If you hunt around you may find a 260GTX for just over £90 on offers, etc.

Otherwise your looking at a 250GTS.

Soldato
I would personally look around and find myself a GTX260-216. A GTS250 isn't worth it imho and will struggle in newer games.

Also make sure you get 216sp version of the GTX260, not the old 192sp version!

Soldato
As mentioned, if you can get a GTX260 go for it, otherwise, unless you have a seriously strong reason not to buy AMD (other than its what you're used to, or your mate told you not to) I'd definately consider that 4870, both the 4870 and GTX260 are quite a lot stronger than anything else on the market in that price range.

Associate
OP
Ok ok... ill go for the 260GTX for some extra pennys. :D

well i never liked ATI, had problems with an ati card in the past and it wouldnt work with anything. probally bought a dodgy one or somthing but it put me right off them.

also when ever i asked about graphics cards, people keep saying to get ATI, dispite many times asking for geforce only. and its happened again :p

just tell me what 260GTX card i should get for £120. (also might as well tell me which ATI card for £120 also).

cheers me geez

Soldato
well i never liked ATI, had problems with an ati card in the past and it wouldnt work with anything. probally bought a dodgy one or somthing but it put me right off them.

It's more that people are pointing out that you're limiting your options. Theres nowt wrong with ati cards.

Back
Top Bottom