1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

best gfx card for me?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Rampage2oo9, 14 May 2010.

1. Rampage2oo9

Associate

hi guys i recently purchased a DFI Lanparty DK-P35-T2RS . now i have my ram [corsair dominator ddr2 1066] also i have a intell q6700 cpu , but i just need a little of advice on what gfx card to buy. as i dont want to rush out and buy something that is complete toss [excuse my french :)] . my monitor is 168/1050 , also im a bit of a gamer so i need a decent card .

2. Marine-RX179

Capodecina

First thing you would need to do is overclock your Q6700 to at least around 3.0-3.2GHz. At stock speed 2.66GHz, any graphic card at 9800GT and upward would likely to get bottleneck by the CPU in single/dual-threaded games.

3. Orcvader

Capodecina

At that resolution, I say a 5850 would do nicely.

4. lanzarobbie

Hitman

what games do you like playing, what's your budget

5. RavenXXX2

Capodecina

What's your budget?

As said if your CPU is stock it will be a bottleneck with todays cards.

6. Rampage2oo9

Associate

i like call of duty battle field etc etc as for budget hmm say £250