Best Gfx cooler for X1900XTX

Associate
Nabbed myself an X1900XTX 2nd hand, looking to pop a decent cooler on it and see how it clocks..... came up with a couple options:

Zalman VF900-CU
Thermalright HR-03 Rev.A + fan
Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 + 2x120mm fans on zipties

I'm leaning towards the latter, it looks like a solid cooler in its own right, and with a couple decent fans on it it might realy kick some butt. I figure 2 low flow 120mms will make the "turbo module" look like a total piece of rubish, and probably be cooler too!

Any opinions?

Caporegime
I believe i've got the Thermalright cooler which you speak of, however I think it's the version below it...or something.

But yeah i've got one on my x1900xtx, and currently at idle its sitting at 36 degrees, and the highest i've seen it while gaming was 52...That's coupled with a 90mm fan on top.

Personally I think it's a cracking cooler! Works lovely. Does its job more than enough, and its got rid of the VERY annoying stock cooler noise.

If anyone can shed light on the Accelero cooler then that would be cool, as i dont really know anything about that.

But the Zalman cooler is supposed to be pretty good at its job too.

Associate
OP
The Accelero S1 is basically a huge passive cooler:
007.JPG

An optional extra is a "turbo module", 2x80mm 1500RPM fans. I figure a 1200RPM Noctua or 2 will be much more efficient.

Associate
i bought the accelero s1 the other day, temperatures have dropped 20-30 degrees from stock cooler on X1900XTX and the noise reduction is rediculous.

although 1 bad point is that the memory heatsinks do not stick at all. the double sided tape is rubbish, i had to leave a pile of books on it for an hour and even then a couple of the heatsinks still fell off, so if you were going to be overclocking memory this might cause a problem so id probably choose 1 of the other coolers even though the accelero performance is outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom