Best home automation ecosystem/products

Soldato
So I'm looking to fit the place out with some shiny toys and naturally I'm looking into the likes of Nest etc, the only problem I'm finding is sourcing products of a similar sort of quality for the other side of things.

The Belkin stuff for controlling power, Phillips for lighting, Sonos for audio etc.

That sort of thing, all seem to work fairly well and have good apps, is there any other stuff of that ilk that I'm missing out on?

If it uses some obscure protocol or standalone controller then that's not really my thing, but there does seem to be plenty of that out there. So any suggestions will be really appreciated!

Thanks folks

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Have a look at Control4 http://www.control4.com/

My friend installs it all, it's fantastic

That all looks pretty awesome.

The lightwave stuff looked good but very finnicky for much more than basic on/off stuff it seemed, I'm not looking to install and wire in a bunch of ancillaries ideally. Something that just networks together over wifi are preferable to wiring it all in as well

Soldato
That all looks pretty awesome.

The lightwave stuff looked good but very finnicky for much more than basic on/off stuff it seemed, I'm not looking to install and wire in a bunch of ancillaries ideally. Something that just networks together over wifi are preferable to wiring it all in as well

1 of the lads has his office controlled by it and another just uses his home AV install with it. I wish the mrs would let me splash out as I would have it automate the whole house.

Back
Top Bottom