Best IP Camera Software?

Soldato
My Mum is a carer and has just taken on a new kid who's a tad dodgy, so she's ordered 2x IP cameras so she can record downstairs at night etc just incase he tries something

Anyone know any decent software which auto records, stores video etc etc just incase the supplied ones are pap.

Thanks

Soldato
CATSPY

I have used Catspy before for automatically starta nd stop of recording(s) on web cam. Can do sound as well. It's free. You can set the senstivety and the area it picks up on.

Basically you leave it running and when it picks up movement it records a file, till that movement has stopped, The starts again next time it picks movement up. Time stamp as well.

Im sure there are others out there as well. I used it with me & a partner once. very good results lol

Associate
At my work we have setup six ip cameras around our shop and are using icatcher to monitor and record.

http://www.icode.co.uk/icatcher/index.html

Very useful software, it records the images as jpg's rather than a streaming avi, which is useful when wanting to jump back to exact dates/times. Worth a look certainly, although it was rather costly the added features have made it a worthwhile purchase over using the free IPview utility.

Back
Top Bottom