Best mobile networks ?

Soldato
Hi all,

I'm looking for a new contact and would like to know your experience with the top 4 networks, good or bad so i know who I contact and who to avoid.

EE
Vodaphone
o2
Three

Thanks

Soldato
EE seem ok as I have a contract with them which I bought for my mum, never had to contact them though so not sure what the customer service is like. O2 have been brilliant customer service wise with me in the past but contracts are pricey. With Three right now for the unlimited data and again only had to contact them to port my number over which took 24 hours.

All three have good coverage around here and only Vodafone who I have never used.

Man of Honour
I don't get as good speed with Three. But the unlimited data, massive tethering allowance and free roaming in many of the countries I visit regularly makes it a no brainer for me.

Soldato
Been with all 4, Vodafone so far has been the best for me in terms of reliability and stability in speeds.

I found the same, but Vodafone's customer service if there's any problems is shocking enough to make it not worth it.

I'm with Tesco Mobile at the moment, who use O2s network (better data speeds than Giffgaff apparently) and they're great. Their support is the best I've experienced from any of the networks/MVNOs (I can easily email them with less urgent problems and they reply pretty quickly and sort things out, or if I ring them there's never usually a queue and they aren't robots like the other networks have been) and they offer great extras like clubcard points and family perks.

Caporegime
I don't get as good speed with Three. But the unlimited data, massive tethering allowance and free roaming in many of the countries I visit regularly makes it a no brainer for me.

This.

Not to mention the fact that with EE my Fiancée and her family have had no end of problems with customer service and support. My brother (and myself before I moved to three) found Vodafone to be truly shocking from a CS perspective (the network on the whole was "ok" but nothing to shout home about).

I'm on o2 for my work phone, and whilst again I tend to have a decent experience of the network, the speeds are low, the data caps are utterly bonkers, and the roaming charges are outrageous.

Soldato
Really depends on what you're looking for in a network. For customer support I found EE and Vodafone to be next to useless, O2 being better and 3 probably the most friendly. As for speed 3 leads the way, with EE behind and then Vodafone and O2. Coverage, really depends on your area though. At home it's O2 > Vodafone > EE > 3 but at work it becomes EE > O2 > 3 > Vodafone. Really varies around, there is no single answer to what the best network is due to too many factors you need to take into account.

Caporegime
Really depends on what you're looking for in a network. For customer support I found EE and Vodafone to be next to useless, O2 being better and 3 probably the most friendly. As for speed 3 leads the way, with EE behind and then Vodafone and O2. Coverage, really depends on your area though. At home it's O2 > Vodafone > EE > 3 but at work it becomes EE > O2 > 3 > Vodafone. Really varies around, there is no single answer to what the best network is due to too many factors you need to take into account.

Home and work are less of an issue due to 3's wifi calling and/or femtocell (I have a femtocell at home, and use the app at work).

There are definitely problematic areas of the country for general coverage though.

Back
Top Bottom