Best muliplayer Shooter Maps/Level ever?

Soldato
q2dm1 (Quake 2)
de_dust2 (Counterstrike)
q3dm6 (Quake 3)
dustbowl (TFC/TF2)

q2dm1 is the best mp I've played for 1v1 and is the best map overall in my opinion from any shooter. It's design is just outstanding supporting both pacey and slow games, the weapons and boosts like the MH are perfectly placed and it's a perfect size - it's not too big where 1v1 just gets boring as you rarely find each other, and not too small to allow the person winning the map to have total domination. Dustbowl is the best map for large scale team based games, mostly down to it's generally excellent design and the fact it's segmented which breaks the game up. de_dust2 is the best I've played for mid-sized team based games, and q2dm6 also gets a mention for the best all-rounded map as it works well for 1v1 due the pace at which you can play the map and also works great for mid-sized team games.

There are some downsides for each map though. Some people will differ in opinion from me but here goes:

q2dm1 - Water area can be very nasty. If you are caught going in there you have a high chance of not getting out alive because there is only one way in/out and the opponent will always have the high ground. Plus the fact you're in water makes movement difficult.

ds_dust2 - The straight line of sight from CT and T spawn through the double doors can make rounds frustrating. If you're too slow at picking your weapons are unlucky to be spawned with clear sight to the double doors you can be picked off. Also you can be picked off by CT snipers as a T when trying to get to site B from the round start.

q3dm6 - For the player on the high ground not only is there tactical advantage but they also have very simple access to the power ups and weapons. Quad/MH is just down from the main central jump pad, yellow and red armor and easily attainable and so is the rocket launcher and railgun.

Dustbowl - The cockblock potential for Demomen and Engineers in this map is very very very high due too to many of the key sections that you have to travel through on offense to be corridoors with blind spots. This isn't as much of a concern for non-public teams, but for random teams on public servers it can be overwhelming.

Back
Top Bottom