Best Netbook for <£300

Associate
Got the HP Compaq Mini 311 instead

Unless you MUST have over 5-6 hours battery, this is clearly the best spec notebook for around £300. Bigger screen with a higher resolution & considerably more graphical omph makes it a clear winner. you don't even need to factor in the HDMI output, HD movie playback, DDR3 and excellent keyboard ;)

Kua

Kua

Associate
Ah right, let me know what it's like, I won't be buying for another week or so anyway. I'll be waiting 'til pay day :D

Almost forgot. but it looks like you've made a purchase anyway :)

I'm very pleased with my 1000HE. Can't wait to install Win 7 on the second partition (the hard drive is handily already partitioned so I might as well). And then it'll be mightly tempting to upgrade to two gig :/ OCUK do one for just above 20 squid (though its OOS right now).

Sketch - How noticeable was the difference between one and two gig with Win 7 on your 1000H?

Associate
It certainly seems a fair bit snappier in day to day use although that could just be my perception of it, haven't done any accurate benchmarking. It does seem to run multiple programs a lot faster as well.

Definitely a cost effective upgrade in my books.

Associate
OP
Almost forgot. but it looks like you've made a purchase anyway :)

I'm very pleased with my 1000HE. Can't wait to install Win 7 on the second partition (the hard drive is handily already partitioned so I might as well). And then it'll be mightly tempting to upgrade to two gig :/ OCUK do one for just above 20 squid (though its OOS right now).

Sketch - How noticeable was the difference between one and two gig with Win 7 on your 1000H?

Yeah bought the 1005HA and very pleased with it so far. Perfect for what the missus needs it for anyhow. Battery life is good, still not charged it up again and have been playing vids on it for a few hours as well as normal use.

Installing a firewall and AV has killed the boot speed which is so annoying but feel like I need them on there with using the internet.

RAM upgrade looks interesting, I'll see how it goes as it is but that's not a lot of money...

Associate
I just bought a 1005HA, and upgraded to 2gb.

Took it on a 2 wweek trip around india, and ability to just open it up and find a wi-fi signal and do some surfing is invaluable.

Watching movies it lasted a 7hour flight - much to the amazement of my friends, who now all want one !

R

mehul

Kua

Kua

Associate
Yeah bought the 1005HA and very pleased with it so far. Perfect for what the missus needs it for anyhow. Battery life is good, still not charged it up again and have been playing vids on it for a few hours as well as normal use.

Installing a firewall and AV has killed the boot speed which is so annoying but feel like I need them on there with using the internet.

RAM upgrade looks interesting, I'll see how it goes as it is but that's not a lot of money...

OCUK couldn't tell me when it would be back in stock. But it looks as though everyone else is bumping the price up and I suspect OCUK will have to do the same :/

Posting on it now from uni btw --- its fab!

Back
Top Bottom