Best OLED iPhone deals?

Associate
The iPhone xs max 256gb i bought for 460 from Music magpie in April became faulty and music magpie refunded me within a day

I love the OLED screen - does anyone have any recommendations on what I can get now? is it worth getting the 11 pro max etc as I literally just want the OLED iPhone back lol

Associate
OP
I would just get an X for now for cheap and wait until the new one is released.

How cheap is cheap? I got the XS Max from MM again for 560 so lost 80 to get something really quickly, the 6s plus is actual crap now because the battery lasts 3h and its just not worth the stress (forget oled, faceid, apple watch compatibility)

do you think the 11 pro max will go on sale for like 700? what did the xs max go on sale for after the release?

Soldato
How cheap is cheap? I got the XS Max from MM again for 560

If you already bought another XS Max, why are you asking for the best way to get another OLED? I assume haven't understood something correctly.

I doubt you'll see a brand new 11 Pro Max for £700 anytime soon.

Associate
OP
If you already bought another XS Max, why are you asking for the best way to get another OLED? I assume haven't understood something correctly.

I doubt you'll see a brand new 11 Pro Max for £700 anytime soon.

Sorry I meant to say I am thinking of just replacing it myself and paying the extra 80, as they are clearly a disingenuine company unwilling to replace items when it favours them

It sounds like 560 for an XS Max will be better deal for me as it should last another 2-3 years, or at least I should be able to keep the battery up for that long

Soldato
Sorry I meant to say I am thinking of just replacing it myself and paying the extra 80, as they are clearly a disingenuine company unwilling to replace items when it favours them

I bought an iPhone 6s off them and the battery was dud. When I asked them to pay for a replacement (fifty-ish quid at Apple) they told me to send it back, doubtless to be bought by another customer. They refunded me quickly enough and the replacement was fine, though neither had even been cleaned. So much for refurbished.

I found a new 11 Pro Max for £868 on hotukdeals, but it only has 64Gb. If 256Gb is important, I think you'll have to pay for it. The higher storage tiers on iPhones have never been cheap.

Associate
OP
I bought an iPhone 6s off them and the battery was dud. When I asked them to pay for a replacement (fifty-ish quid at Apple) they told me to send it back, doubtless to be bought by another customer. They refunded me quickly enough and the replacement was fine, though neither had even been cleaned. So much for refurbished.

I found a new 11 Pro Max for £868 on hotukdeals, but it only has 64Gb. If 256Gb is important, I think you'll have to pay for it. The higher storage tiers on iPhones have never been cheap.

I don't actually think I need the extra storage, I just have flashbacks to my 5S days where I would cry over my 16gb. I think I only use 20gb currently and that is freely downloading Spotify and taking pictures (not sure what else takes a lot of storage) - but the 256 is a safety buffer because I am happy with the tech and won't really upgrade for another 3-4 year.

Do you think its worth paying +300 for the 11 pro max new? £560 vs £860 I would think about it for the 1y warranty + extra 3 hours battery

Soldato
How cheap is cheap? I got the XS Max from MM again for 560 so lost 80 to get something really quickly, the 6s plus is actual crap now because the battery lasts 3h and its just not worth the stress (forget oled, faceid, apple watch compatibility)

do you think the 11 pro max will go on sale for like 700? what did the xs max go on sale for after the release?

Replace the battery on the 6S Plus (£30 at iFixIt) and wait for the new iPhone announcement?

Associate
OP
Replace the battery on the 6S Plus (£30 at iFixIt) and wait for the new iPhone announcement?

I mean yeah, Timspons can do it all for me for £40 but even still my battery health is 81% and it goes within 1-2 hours now because of the new update... I am not sure what to disable now for it lol
Even then its still far too outdated because my apple watch is very useful

Maybe I can just be cheeky back to MM who didn't replace it and return it when the new one gets announced, I imagine in the next month or so

Back
Top Bottom