1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best place to find exotica ?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by 86JR, 10 Jun 2010.

1. 86JR

PermaBanned

I need practice photography wise of photographing fast cars ready for a few trips to the ring, one in september ish time.

I dont really know anyone anymore who has a decent car so im wondering wheres the best place to go ? Im thinking of tagging along to some of the bristol jap scene meets (tatsu) with the camera, and then theres evo triangle etc in wales however thats a bit of an offchance if anyone will be out. I live in cornwall / devon so not really many cars down here that are actually nice...

Ive been standing on the local overpass but all thats been going past is trucks and normal cars, nothing nice.

2. Lashout_UK

Capodecina

Santa Pod dragstrip, Shakespeare County Raceway and North Weald airfield feature some very fast cars, could head there. Only going in straight lines mind but it makes it easy to shoot, as you know where they're going to be and end up :D

They do have various track/drift days at these sites too, so have a look at the calender :)

3. Settleddown

PermaBanned

4. Housey

Man of Honour

People with serious cars are very often very very cautious about who they let near let alone photograph their cars.

5. Firestar_3x

Caporegime

Up the road from me, along with all the usual stuff i've seen an Enzo and an F40 this week.

6. Coco

Wise Guy

This weekend - Le Mans!
    Goodwood is probably your best shout thats local(ish) to you, I believe the Breakfast Club is at the end of the month.

7. nanospider

Gangster

Incidental photography of cars usually sucks, i hate shooting car shows and club meets for two reasons.
    1) You don't have a choice over where the cars are positioned, grass and car park lines are big problems usually, as well as the background.
    2) Cars are usually crammed in so you can't find nice angles.

I'd start shooting your own car first, mates cars etc. Okay they may be ordinary but the principles are the same (mostly) as more exotic metal. If you can make a passat look good you can make a ferrari look amazing. Think about the folk who shoot for something like What Car magazine, sure they arn't in Monaco shooting the 458 but in Surrey shooting a Toyota Iq. They still have to make it look good!

8. daz

Capodecina

Wander around Mayfair and you're sure to spot something decent. Go from picadilly -> bond street -> berkeley square -> grosvenor square.

9. Settleddown

PermaBanned

Take it you have not seen my link?

10. lordrobs

Capodecina

Near any tracks? Most trackdays allow spectators access around the track and pit lane (not that you can take photos from the pit wall!)

11. Westyfield2

Capodecina

Castle Combe?

12. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

13. sigma

Capodecina

*snigger*

14. beermonster

Mobster

Outdoor karting tracks are quite challenging, will give you some panning practice.

15. Janesy B

Caporegime

I agree.

Case in point:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Jun 2010
  16. Maccy

Commissario

Janesy you broke the forum :(

17. Stupot_

Mobster

^ lol. That is a lovely passat.

18. Janesy B

Caporegime

Sorry, can't do much about the photo but I did make it smaller to decrease chance of long-term retina damage.

19. Maccy

Commissario

Thanks. Are you still across the pond?

20. peterattheboro

Capodecina

Practice on your own car first.

You don't want to be arranging photo shoots with people who'll give you their time to photograph their car and then they recieve crap photos. It won't do your name any good.