best place to find exotica ?

Caporegime
Thanks. Are you still across the pond?

Yeah, flying back tomorrow. Can't wait to get rid of the horrific Camry we got:

HireCar.jpg

If you go to America, it's a Mustang or nothing. Even if it costs the Earth. Lesson learnt.

Soldato
Go to a Ferrari Dealership and Snap away. If they ask you to move on just reply.

"Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! "

Associate
Take it you have not seen my link?

Actually i hadn't, but i had a look through and critically there are only 6 shots which I'd like to have in my portfolio. The goal was to show fancy cars in London and the photographer did a good job on that brief. However a lot of the shots suffer due to the location, bad lighting, bad isolation and bad reflections. Not really the fault of the photographer but a result of shooting cars where they are.

Half the battle is location, if your shooting at the ring you need to know the places you can aim where the cars will be passing through to make as much of a nice image as possible, this isn't just the car but from edge to edge of the frame. Usually the best you will be able to do is somewhere clean without too much distraction.

Okay, so let me show you what i mean, http://www.notbland.com/images/lamborghini/gallardo_orange.htm This guy just freelances, owners hire him to take shots of their cars... AFAIK he hasn't been published in magazines although i'd expect that to change soon if he wants to. So read that as the minimum requirement for success. (Not showing this guy because he's the best, just a handy link i had)

Look at the shots that i linked to, look at the (lack of) reflections in the car, look at the way the car interacts with the environment, look at the (mostly) consistant lighting and lastly look at the interior and detail shots.

Thats the difference between having control over the location of the car and just taking shots in the street... oh, and having a boat load of skills :)

Soldato
I dont really know anyone anymore who has a decent car so im wondering wheres the best place to go ? Im thinking of tagging along to some of the bristol jap scene meets (tatsu) with the camera, and then theres evo triangle etc in wales however thats a bit of an offchance if anyone will be out. I live in cornwall / devon so not really many cars down here that are actually nice...
Fett's garage would be a good place to start :) ...actually you see quite a lot of nice cars around by me, sort of between the outlying parts of Bromsgrove towards Kidderminster and Stourport etc, ...you see quite a few nice cars around Stourbridge for some reason aswell, there is also an Aston Martin dealership there so there are always plenty of those about (relatively speaking).

Permabanned
OP
I wanted moving cars really, there arent any circuits near me at all!

Janesy, because your fiesta we see in your sig in every thread is so great, right ?

Caporegime
I wanted moving cars really, there arent any circuits near me at all!

Janesy, because your fiesta we see in your sig in every thread is so great, right ?

He drives a Focus.

But yeah I would have the Toyota over the Fez, most days of the week.

*this is not an arguement that a fez is a bad car. I had many fun times in my 1.25 though it did involve a lot of proviking lift off oversteer with el cheapo tyres :p

Caporegime
I'm confused now. I don't drive a Focus yet, I will when I get back from the states, but where does my Fiesta come into this :confused: I was talking about the picture itself, not the content. That's blatantly obvious.

I know you are 17 foot tall, weigh 25 stone, have a gun and trained in close quarter knife combat so I'll behave now :o

Last edited:
Soldato
You don't have to shoot fancy metal to get good photos...

Start by taking decent pictures of any car, you can make some cars look decent even when they aren't, I mean the clio pic above is MUCH better than any of your offers...and it's a 1.2 Clio.

Soldato
Errrr.....InvaderGIR, no offense - I don't profess to know anything about photography - but I'm pretty sure that none of those are an example of 'good' photos, especially the one of the Clio. What's good about that?

The top one of the BMW's not bad mind, although it's a shame the body seems slighty out of focus :)

-edit- I just looked in your gallery and there's some better shots in there! Sort it out :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom