best place to find exotica ?

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
where from incidentally.

Fancy hiring a mustang for a couple of days when we go to vegas this year.

Hertz, generic convertible is about £220 or something. They didnt have any sebrings at LAX last year, not sure about LAS.

Soldato
Errrr.....InvaderGIR, no offense - I don't profess to know anything about photography - but I'm pretty sure that none of those are an example of 'good' photos, especially the one of the Clio. What's good about that?

The top one of the BMW's not bad mind, although it's a shame the body seems slighty out of focus :)

-edit- I just looked in your gallery and there's some better shots in there! Sort it out :p

Point is, they are better than 2bl's attempts at photos. :p

Clio pic is clean, clear photo, has reflections, sky etc. It may not be the best of angles (in fact it's a rubbish one) but it's not some hazy badly lit photo.

I couldn't be bothered to find properly decent pictures from my albums (mostly 'cause personally I don't think I take all that good photos...but I know I'm better than 2bl). :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Have to agree that those are all better than anything ive seen from tbl. I wouldn't fancy letting someone that ham fisted anywhere near my car if I had anything interesting to photograph, so I'd echo what others have said and get some practice first

Caporegime
I told you this, they dont cost the earth either, they cost £220/week! :confused:

Just the loltastic young driver charges pushed things up more than I wanted to spend on hire, it didn't ruin the trip and it wasn't underpowered, it's just the whine/drone of the engine sent me into a coma at every opportunity.

I don't mind really, I didn't have to drive the thing anyway :p

Soldato
Errrr.....InvaderGIR, no offense - I don't profess to know anything about photography - but I'm pretty sure that none of those are an example of 'good' photos, especially the one of the Clio. What's good about that?

The top one of the BMW's not bad mind, although it's a shame the body seems slighty out of focus :)

-edit- I just looked in your gallery and there's some better shots in there! Sort it out :p

I'm guilty of having a dig at 2BL for his Passat photos as much as anyone, however the guy genuinely seems to be trying so I don't really want to **** him off for being rubbish. The best thing to do is offer critique so he can improve. Saying your rubbish is just something that means he wont take anymore photos.

I was taking some crap photos when I first started but I took the critique on the chin and improved.

I hope he is genuinely trying and not just being a troll.

Soldato
Hey, you really dont need a good car to get a decent shot. :p

Panda.jpg

Mmmm tasty. :o

DM

DM

Permabanned
I'm guilty of having a dig at 2BL for his Passat photos as much as anyone, however the guy genuinely seems to be trying so I don't really want to **** him off for being rubbish. The best thing to do is offer critique so he can improve. Saying your rubbish is just something that means he wont take anymore photos.

I was taking some crap photos when I first started but I took the critique on the chin and improved.

I hope he is genuinely trying and not just being a troll.

No one takes a picture as bad as me ;)

Permabanned
OP
In my last thread i was told my photography was much better and fine but i am a troll and should be banned for posting pictures of a passat.

Then you post pictures of some old clio and tell me how great you are.

Then robbieG buys a camera and comes into my threads telling me in rubbish and he is great.

You know what just **** off, im so ****ing sick of this forum, its hypocrasy, its general *****. Thanks to everyone who helped me in Photography, ill come back when I have a veyron, and possibly, i wont get people who own frankly **** cars telling me the car i own is too **** to be in a photograph.

Bunch of ****.

Associate
"Perhaps, Mmmm. But, you know, this is the one. Yes, yes yes... I saw three of these parked outside the local Starbucks this morning, which tells me only one thing. There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! "

now that is an awesome film, surprised no one recognises it:confused::eek::D

Soldato
In my last thread i was told my photography was much better and fine but i am a troll and should be banned for posting pictures of a passat.

Then robbieG buys a camera and comes into my threads telling me in rubbish and he is great.

You know what just **** off, im so ****ing sick of this forum, its hypocrasy, its general *****. Thanks to everyone who helped me in Photography, ill come back when I have a veyron, and possibly, i wont get people who own frankly **** cars telling me the car i own is too **** to be in a photograph.

Bunch of ****.

Your car isn't too **** to be in a photo, you're just god awful with a camera. You've got a prosumer DSLR and make shots look like they were taken with an iPhone.

Look at this, a photo of a Passat:

2hi2t6r.jpg

And it's in focus , the sky isn't over exposed, there's a nice background, it's near the front of the scene not 50 feet away.

Frankly I'd rather you didn't come back to the photography section either, all you do is make excuses for your photos being poor, ignore advice from people who know a hell of a lot more than you (or me for that matter) and go on about what you're going to buy.

It's beyond annoying. (Edit: I see you're perma'd now, but hopefully you'll still read this).

Soldato

Bunch of ****.

KABOOOOMM!!!!!

Soldato
Your car isn't too **** to be in a photo, you're just god awful with a camera. You've got a prosumer DSLR and make shots look like they were taken with an iPhone.

Look at this, a photo of a Passat:

2hi2t6r.jpg

And it's in focus , the sky isn't over exposed, there's a nice background, it's near the front of the scene not 50 feet away.

Frankly I'd rather you didn't come back to the photography section either, all you do is make excuses for your photos being poor, ignore advice from people who know a hell of a lot more than you (or me for that matter) and go on about what you're going to buy.

It's beyond annoying. (Edit: I see you're perma'd now, but hopefully you'll still read this).

Bit harsh considering the photos InvG posted are really pretty bad yet he gets away without barely a criticism?

Soldato
Explodey rage

Hahahaha...I know you probably can't read this...but I think you'll find I said I'm not very good at all. ;)

The last one is blurry? Could do better than that with my Kodak point and shoot:p

The hedge is in focus! :D

Bit harsh considering the photos InvG posted are really pretty bad yet he gets away without barely a criticism?

I never said my pictures were good, I picked some of the worst of mine (whilst featuring mostly 'normal' cars). I said mine were better than 2bl's attemps, which is completely true...I can get the cars in focus (shurrup Tim :p) and work with the lighting to make a decent enough picture...I'm sure I have some Mondeo pictures somewhere actually...bland car but ok pics. But over all, my photography skills are very lacking, I can't get shots like rGTom does, but I don't use my camera as much as him etc. etc.

InvaderGir hasn't been spamming the Photography forum for the last 3 months or so and was happy to take some crit, rather than spouting off excuses :)

Indeed. Whenever I post pictures I'm happy for criticisms...so long as they aren't unfounded (see above ;)) and are about the photos. If I post a thread about something like my photography I'll expect negative comments and be happy if I get positive ones, I'll also take on board all advice that is given to me. :)
This thread contains quite a bit of useful advice, yet 2bl exploded in an internet rage and went and got himself PermaBanned. :/

Oh and, MONDEO!

DSC_2236.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom