Best Plasma for £800?

Associate
I am looking to spend around £800 maximum for a plasma very soon and been looking around online. Seems that pioneer and panasonic screens are favoured. Any particular model I should buy from shops? I would prefer a 42inch kind of size

will be using this for gaming with a PS3 too so response time etc I prefer to be good

Permabanned
I am looking to spend around £800 maximum for a plasma very soon and been looking around online. Seems that pioneer and panasonic screens are favoured. Any particular model I should buy from shops? I would prefer a 42inch kind of size

will be using this for gaming with a PS3 too so response time etc I prefer to be good

I would go for Panasonic or Samsung if you have £800 to spend , saying that i tested a 50 inch Samsung plasma out on my PS3 yesterday , it was amazing for blu ray , to tell you the truth i cannot play games very well on a large screen , my 26 is perfect :)

lcd screens have good response time these are good for gaming , i know of a few sets that have some smearing

Beware of screen burn , but i guess if you look after your plasma you will be o.k , not sure if this is such a big issue these days with the new new panels , it would not put me off buying a plasma anyway . . .

Last edited:
Associate
If you can find a Panasonic TH42PZ80 they are 1080p but they no longer make it so you might struggle to find one.

Seconded, I have one and you cannot get a better TV for the money. Good news is that after a quick look you can get one for £829.99 from the rainforest - £729.99 for a reconditioned one if you are strapped for cash.

Don't delay, just get one while you can! I use if for Xbox 360 and HD-DVDs as well as PS3 and Blu Rays and also as a 42" monitor for the PC (a lil bit overkill but still sweet as hell! :D )

Soldato
have had 2 Panasonic Plasma's in the past 4 years and one of those if because I gave one to my mum. Not a problem out of any of them and they still working as good as the first day I got them :)

Permabanned
LG 42PQ6000 is picking up good reviews and better than the latest Panasonics I believe, think it's going for £700-750.

Not 100% sure which Panny's it was picking up better reviews over though, just know they were 2009 Panny's.

We have a PZ80 and one of the latest LG's, pretty much the same PQ. The LG has fancy menus and looks nicer though. :p

Permabanned
If you turn to a black screen after gaming for a while with health bars that have been on screen for lengths of time you can usually see an imprint if you look really closely. But obviously you cannot see this at all when further back or when something is on screen.

It washes away soon after.

Back
Top Bottom