1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best SLI Motherboard

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by TWGL, 25 Mar 2006.

1. TWGL

Associate

What is the best SLI S939 mobo out at the moment?
    I was looking at the DFI's but heard there O/C settings were very advanced and im very new to overclocking. Im looking at using it with a 3200+ to get a reasonable overclock on air, but nothing extreme.

2. TWGL

Associate

Anyone going to suggest a board?

3. [Death]

Wise Guy

DFi Expert or asus Sli Premium / AN32

4. The Running Man

Caporegime

hmmm

i am after an SLI mobo too.. but cannot find a good one at a decent price?

th one suggested above has been dogged on so many sites due to issues with ram/mobo dieing a premature death?

is NF4 even the way forward? ehlp pls

5. lay-z-boy

Sgarrista

dfi expert, please dont think that 2*16 slots are faster than 2*8, we have a few years untill that starts to happen, also the dual chipsets are harder to clock and produce more heat.
    The asus has warm boot issues, the dfi expert was simply plug in and go for me.
    The settings are automatic to begin with, when you learn all the settings you will be glad you got the dfi.

There have been no death issues since the bios update and even then it was only a few people.

6. TWGL

Associate

Yes but I'm very new to overclocking and heard the DFi had loads of different options and settings. I was thinking for newb overclocker it may be too complex.

7. bbreezeuk

PermaBanned

get the Asus A8N32 SLI deluxe IMO. i have it and i have overclocked my 3700 SD to 2.8 without touching any mem timings or volts

8. easyrider

Caporegime

DFI expert is simply the best s939 mobo there is IMO.

9. AnastieByte

Hitman

Cant speak for DFI as I have never owned one. Just heard excellent reports on their O/C ability. I own a A8N SLI Premium and had a Deluxe version before that. I would always recommends the premium. No probs with this board :)

10. TWGL

Associate

Yeah the DFI is an awesome board but is the BIOS much harder to use for a first time overclocker compared to something like the Asus Deluxe SLi board.

11. easyrider

Caporegime

Not really the basic fundamentals are the same.However when you get deeper into the DFI mobo there are many options to tweak.

There are guides and if you get stuck post back here and there will be many people to help you on your way. :)

12. TWGL

Associate

Ok thanks for the help. Any particular RAM thats good at the moment from overclockers.co.uk, I heard that G.Skill is very good any suggestions.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2006