Best stable X570 board?

Associate
I have a friend that is looking to build a PC for his son. His son has already put together a list, but I have been reading up on X570 boards and some of the boards seem to have cold boot issues.

I was looking at the X570 Aurous Wifi Pro model but it seems to have these issues. I like it but I don't want to recommend a board that will fail within a few months of owning it. Any one out there that has a X570 board that they have been using one give me their opinions please.

Being that this will be there're first PC together I would like to make sure it goes as smooth as possible.I have linked the PC parts that I have put together, please note it is WIP. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Just avoid the motherboards you know with issues and Google the motherboard you like for cold boot yo check.
If you search on Goggle you'll find a problem with pretty much every product ever released. Nothing is 100% reliable so you can't really use this as a guide. You should consult reviews and then consult forums such as this one for indications of any common problems.

The best place to discover common issues with specific cars is on their "fan forums" and it's also true for computer components.

Man of Honour
If you search on Goggle you'll find a problem with pretty much every product ever released. Nothing is 100% reliable so you can't really use this as a guide. You should consult reviews and then consult forums such as this one for indications of any common problems.

The best place to discover common issues with specific cars is on their "fan forums" and it's also true for computer components.
Wise words

Soldato
Do they have a good reason for going for the more expensive, hotter X570 over the B550? Seems to me that for the vast majority of users the B550 is the better choice.

It's too easy to overspend on the motherboard.

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Do they have a good reason for going for the more expensive, hotter X570 over the B550? Seems to me that for the vast majority of users the B550 is the better choice.

It's too easy to overspend on the motherboard.
there's no hard & fast rule, you can't assume that the B550 Tomahawk and an X570 Tomahawk (purely as examples) are the same apart from the chipset and related lane orientation. You should treat them as different models in the same range when evaluating their suitability for your needs. The differences could be minute or they could be as fundamental as different VRM and cooling specifications.

The only head to head that we've tried proved that the X570 Taichi outperformed the B550 Taichi in overclocking and benchmarks, which is one reason that we don't bother listing the B550 variant.

Soldato
there's no hard & fast rule, you can't assume that the B550 Tomahawk and an X570 Tomahawk (purely as examples) are the same apart from the chipset and related lane orientation. You should treat them as different models in the same range when evaluating their suitability for your needs. The differences could be minute or they could be as fundamental as different VRM and cooling specifications.

The only head to head that we've tried proved that the X570 Taichi outperformed the B550 Taichi in overclocking and benchmarks, which is one reason that we don't bother listing the B550 variant.

been able to try b550 master vs x570 master? b550 master seems complete overkill VRM wise

Caporegime
Lots of people complain about the Taichi but I've not seen any problems with it.

I've got the Taichi, its not awful but RAM overclocking is hit and miss depending on BIOS, cold boot issues, poor fan placement and that stupid USB C header all put it firmly in the could do better class. Also can't get PBO to work properly even this far after release.

Man of Honour
Soldato
I have a friend that is looking to build a PC for his son. His son has already put together a list, but I have been reading up on X570 boards and some of the boards seem to have cold boot issues.

I was looking at the X570 Aurous Wifi Pro model but it seems to have these issues. I like it but I don't want to recommend a board that will fail within a few months of owning it. Any one out there that has a X570 board that they have been using one give me their opinions please.

Being that this will be there're first PC together I would like to make sure it goes as smooth as possible.I have linked the PC parts that I have put together, please note it is WIP. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
What will his son be using the PC for?

And what other parts is he looking at?.

Will he be needing wifi?.

Back
Top Bottom