Best UK Venue You've Attended (Live music)

Man of Honour
City of Manchester Stadium I think. For Oasis. Could've just been the immenseness of the band though.

The best live act was at Roundhay park, but that was all built for the tour.

Associate
Burbleflop said:
I can't decide between The Astoria, or the Forum.

Location wise The Forum sucks - getting a tube back from Kentish Town is a pain at the end of a gig but the place does have a great atmosphere.

the forum- was it ever called the kentish town And Country club or am i getting muddled up with another venue ?

Associate
I'd struggle to answer this; as I saw one of my favourite gigs at Manchester Academy, whereas I don't think it's a particularly great venue. Manchester Apollo is generally very good, though I've rarely strayed outside of Manchester for live music. I saw Eric Clapton at the Sheffield Arena - which seemed very similar to the MEN arena, and have been to Liverpool and Nottingham once. Liverpool Academy was one of the worse venues I've been to, whereas Nottingham was quite nice.

Plus I've been to Leedsfest which is awesome but since it's outdoor the accoustics are never going to be that good; and the food/drink is extortionate. Still fun, but I wouldn't class it as a venue in the same vein as places like The Apollo/Arenas.

Soldato
clapton is god said:
the forum- was it ever called the kentish town And Country club or am i getting muddled up with another venue ?

Yeah, it used to be called the Town and Country Club ( :confused: ) iirc

Otacon said:
You're the second person to mention somewhere in Reading to me, and funnily enough, he also used the 'crappy hall' description

Would that be the Octagon by any chance? It's the only venue I've heard of in Reading :p

Edit: Just realised what I just said, and who I quoted, and no, no pun intended whatsoever. I'm being completely serious, lol :o

Associate
Doohickey said:
Yeah, it used to be called the Town and Country Club ( :confused: ) iirc

Would that be the Octagon by any chance? It's the only venue I've heard of in Reading :p

Edit: Just realised what I just said, and who I quoted, and no, no pun intended whatsoever. I'm being completely serious, lol :o

Otherwise know as the Hexagon I believe.

I'm yet to see a bad show at the Astoria, the sound isn't perfect but still probably my favourite venue. Oxford Zodiac and the Wedgewood Rooms in Portsmouth are also pretty good in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom