Best UK Venue You've Attended (Live music)

Permabanned
SidewinderINC said:
The portsmouth Wedgewood rooms.
seen so many great bands there, they have a wall of photos of the huge bands that started out and played there. its about 400 people max if i can remember, and the sound quality is awesome!

I've played at and seen gigs at the wedgewood rooms and it's excellent both ways! Also going to be playing at the Astoria this month so looking forward to that from the comments :)

Saw RATM at Brixton a few years ago and that was a good venue for the gig.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Otacon said:
Dont suppose anyone knows the real name? I don't think googling 'crappy hall reading' will get me far ;)

Rivermead Leisure Complex :/

I think the gig was on a small stage built on an indoor basketball court.

Soldato
starscream said:
I've played at and seen gigs at the wedgewood rooms and it's excellent both ways! Also going to be playing at the Astoria this month so looking forward to that from the comments :)

Saw RATM at Brixton a few years ago and that was a good venue for the gig.

dude, was that in the battle of the bands? was gonna make it but was at download i think.

if its the same battle of the bands was there a metal (i think) band there with a french guy on an ESP F series?

edit - just had a look around and it seems different battle of the bands :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
SidewinderINC said:
dude, was that in the battle of the bands? was gonna make it but was at download i think.

if its the same battle of the bands was there a metal (i think) band there with a french guy on an ESP F series?

edit - just had a look around and it seems different battle of the bands :)

It was the Emergenza one, and we won :D

Soldato
Small: Newport leisure centre
Medium: Hammersmith Apollo
Large: Earls Court was quite good, but the bigger the venue, the lesser the experience (imo)

Soldato
Bridgewater Hall, Manchester - without a shadow of a doubt the best acoustics I have ever heard at any venue in the UK, even sitting in the upper tier of the gallery, about as far from the stage as you can get, it felt as though the performer was right next to us strumming along. Admittedly it would probably not suit a big rock outfit, but fot the acoustic stylings of Ryan Adams, it was perfect :cool:

Back
Top Bottom