1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best video encoder for me

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by lego, 7 Feb 2006.

1. lego

Soldato

i'm looking to burn some of my divx file to dvd, in the past i've just used nero vision express but since my upgrade i was wondering weather theres something else that will take full advantage of my hardware.

That goes as follows

opt 165 (boh cores @ 2650mhz)
    2 Gig ram
    X1900Xtx
    74 gig raptor

I think i've read somewhere that ati have thier own encoders, just wondered if someone here has had experiance with this

Thanks

2. dirtydog

PermaBanned

I don't really understand what you're asking. Do you want to re-encode your DivX files with another video encoder? What are you hoping to achieve, smaller file size or something? I'm confused.

3. Lonewolf

Mobster

If you want to convert your Avi's to Dvd format quickly and easily then, may I suggest, WinAvi video converter the latest version being 7.1 I believe.

If your looking for software for burning your conversion's, Nero is probably the popular choice although, WinAvi will burn your converted file too.

4. bledd

Don

going from avi to dvd is a bad move, quality will be greatly reduced (i'm fussy mind)

but if you cba to use CCE to do it, then i'd use winavi