Best way to buy PC games

Associate
Ohhh god Really!! Thanks for the heads up bud will be steering clear of them then
Never been proven, and there's some good deals to be had (I'm aware I have opened a can of worms on this topic...again)

Either way, I use dlcompare, it's like a compare the market for game keys, it's has user reviews and I have used this site for years, never had a single issue

Soldato
Never been proven, and there's some good deals to be had (I'm aware I have opened a can of worms on this topic...again)

Either way, I use dlcompare, it's like a compare the market for game keys, it's has user reviews and I have used this site for years, never had a single issue
What do you need for proof?

Even Ubisoft had to cancel keys sold through G2A because they'd been stolen.

Associate
What do you need for proof?

Even Ubisoft had to cancel keys sold through G2A because they'd been stolen.
Why are they still in business then? If it was proven they would be shut down. If a psysical high street shop was selling stolen goods it would be reported and shut down, same thing applies here, it's been claimed (numerous time, I'll give you that) G2A has sold stolen keys, yet there are still trading. I understand people not willing to buy from there. To be honest, they are cheaper key sellers out there now anyway.

Honestly guys, check out dlcompare and save a few quid

Soldato
They aren't shut down because they aren't the seller - it's a marketplace. Ebay doesn't get shut down for people selling moody goods either.
Unlike Ebay, G2A doesn't protect the buyer by default, instead insisting on a subscription to their 'shield' system. And G2A seems to make very little effort to clamp down on stolen keys - The quite high profile Ubisoft incident was years ago, and it's still happening in very high numbers. And they do nothing to assist devs who've had keys stolen.

On top of that, who's going to bring action to take them down? Ubisoft suffered terrible PR for cancelling those keys - they had to climb down and unblock them because they were looking like the bad guys, even though they'd been stolen from! Indie devs, who get a lot more sympathy (and have a lot more keys stolen), can't muster that sort of legal challenge.

Associate
They aren't shut down because they aren't the seller - it's a marketplace. Ebay doesn't get shut down for people selling moody goods either.
Unlike Ebay, G2A doesn't protect the buyer by default, instead insisting on a subscription to their 'shield' system. And G2A seems to make very little effort to clamp down on stolen keys - The quite high profile Ubisoft incident was years ago, and it's still happening in very high numbers. And they do nothing to assist devs who've had keys stolen.

On top of that, who's going to bring action to take them down? Ubisoft suffered terrible PR for cancelling those keys - they had to climb down and unblock them because they were looking like the bad guys, even though they'd been stolen from! Indie devs, who get a lot more sympathy (and have a lot more keys stolen), can't muster that sort of legal challenge.
That is exactly was I was thinking. On top of that there was a Indie company that had 100k or 150k keys stolen and had to shout down company because they make no money and for smaller studio that is not back up by shares holders it means death.

Please dont quote me on that as I cant find a sours for it, just remember that this site is doggy as hell.

Permabanned
CDkeys.

Anyone who uses them on the regular should know that the 5% Facebook discount is now limited to two uses per account...forever! I used that code for every game Ive ever bought from them so thats a bit of a downer.

Soldato
Hi all.

I've never used Cdkeys before. How does it work? Do you just buy the code and then what? Do you get a DL link for the game or do you put the code into steam and get the game from there?

Associate
Hi all.

I've never used Cdkeys before. How does it work? Do you just buy the code and then what? Do you get a DL link for the game or do you put the code into steam and get the game from there?
iv used CDkeys for a while now and never had a problem, they send u and email with a url with the code and put it in steam

Soldato
Ok cool thanks.

So most of the codes are predominantly steam?

Also, are there any other methods to get good value games? What is EA Origin like? Is it worth a download?

Back
Top Bottom