Best way to buy PC games

Associate
Other than buying direct from Steam/Origin during sales, I mostly buy from Green Man Gaming, GOG and Humble Bundle.
I'll occasionally pick up the odd game code from CDKeys, but only if they're pricing is dramatically lower.

I've previously bought a couple from G2A but I won't go back there after having a couple of games revoked.

Soldato
Hi all.

I've never used Cdkeys before. How does it work? Do you just buy the code and then what? Do you get a DL link for the game or do you put the code into steam and get the game from there?

Code for Steam. Be careful though not to purchase a version that is Russian for example. They are even cheaper still but you will need to use a VPN to unlock them and Steam are hot on that.

TLDR: Make sure it says Region Worldwide

Soldato
I only buy from CDKeys and CJS-CDkeys these days. CJS gave me a code which didn't work once but I had a working code the next business day (this was at like 9pm when I realised it wasn't working)

Soldato
Good to know. I was thinking at least with Steam you know they are going to be here pretty much forever. who the hell are GOG they could disappear in a year or two. So they are legit ok thanks.

Soldato
Would also say: Cdkeys, Humblebundle (the humble monthly is generally pretty damn good, dip in/out as you like), GoG & Greenman in about that order.

G2A should _definitely_ be avoided like the plague. They're a complete cancer. If you _must_ buy there - do NOT buy Indie games there. The big players can (sometimes) afford some form of legal recourse against G2A's grubby business practices, the Indie devs have little choice but to go "welp, I best go find a proper job then" and we all loose out

(scum buys keys with stolen credit card details, sells them on G2A because they practically encourage this behavior, makes his money. Credit card owner later notices and contests the charge, G2A wash hands of it and the original key seller (publisher/dev) pays the chargeback/refund. There's been an Indie dev on a reddit AMA saying "please, pirate my game rather than buying it on G2A". It's literally that bad).

Associate
Bought a key off CDkeys (it was the cheapest I could find) once where I purchased a game using a different currency, turned out I got it £5 cheaper as if the game wasn't cheap enough!

Back
Top Bottom