Best way to get from Cambridge to Thorpe Park

Associate
I was just wondering what everyone thought would be a better route to get to Thorpe Park.
Either cross onto the A1M and down to the M25 then go anti-clockwise
Or go down M11 and then clockwise

I ask because we tried to get down there today and went down the A1M but got stuck between junction 7 and 8 for 4 hours as there was an accident and the police were turning us around very slowly.
This then sparked a conversation within the group, mainly from the Londoners that they were surprised we went this way and the M11 + M25 Clockwise is a much better route.

Having now looked it up on various maps and such it is 45% longer to go the M11/M25 over A1M/M25 but accoriding to the highway agency page we can expect only medium traffic (even some light) on the clockwise route and medium with patches of heavy on the anti clockwise route (Heathrow + M1)

Also what are your thoughts on how long to leave? We left at 0730 this morning wanting to be there for 1000

Cheers,
Ric

Associate
OP
Cheers, that looks quite useful. Not convinced by the traffic forecaster though - seems some what over optimistic.

I take it that would be a vote for the M25 clockwise then?

Tbh we ought to have made it in plenty of time today if not for the accident, which i notice they dont reckon will be cleared till 2000!

Caporegime
We always go A1(M) the M25 anti clockwise, it only takes about an hour max. (From Stevenage)

So you missed the delights of our lovely town? Most of its a **** hole (not quite as bad as luton but almost :p :( )

Back
Top Bottom