Best way to get over a binge session?

Associate
Crazy Fool said:
yeah i think so, my body won't let me lose the last 10pounds i need to too... i get so far and then have a day like today!

I get the same kind of thing..the trick is to allow yourself these ""forbidden"" foods once in a while

Over the last year ive been trying to get through bulimia so know all about food cravings...
Try sticking to your 2500 calorie a day diet say during the week but at the weekends allow your self to have burger and chips followed by chocolate cake etc etc..this is what i did and its working for me..Also do you have a partner you can chat to i found this to help...

The other thing you can do is just go through each day at a time...I used to class each day as seperate and if a got to 12am without binging i had done it and it felt great...

Some of the comments on this thread should be removed because they really dont help...telling you to go and make yourself sick for example!! dont do it cus i did it once and 2 years later am fighting to get over it...

:)

Soldato
OP
rs125 said:
I get the same kind of thing..the trick is to allow yourself these ""forbidden"" foods once in a while

Over the last year ive been trying to get through bulimia so know all about food cravings...
Try sticking to your 2500 calorie a day diet say during the week but at the weekends allow your self to have burger and chips followed by chocolate cake etc etc..this is what i did and its working for me..Also do you have a partner you can chat to i found this to help...

The other thing you can do is just go through each day at a time...I used to class each day as seperate and if a got to 12am without binging i had done it and it felt great...

Some of the comments on this thread should be removed because they really dont help...telling you to go and make yourself sick for example!! dont do it cus i did it once and 2 years later am fighting to get over it...

:)

thanks dude, and yeah sorry to see you are suffering too, just gotta get back on track now.

Soldato
If you can manage to pig out only once a month and you are still keeping fit in between and it makes you happier then go for it :) its better that you control your binges rather than give in alltogether - although i`d swap the cakes for fresh fruit ;)

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Thats not your body not letting you, thats you giving in.

well after losing 8 stone, you kind of build up such cravings for the basic fodds that people take for granted such as a bowl of corn flakes, and sometimes when a whole spread of food is laid out like it was today i just go crazy! :p

Permabanned
But hold a second, basic medical science has taught us that when you lose weight, in your case 8st, your metabolism changes and your body requires less than it did before.

So how come you're still binging on a huge amount of food? It isn't your body craving the food, its your greed. (No offence, but thats how I see it.)

Associate
Crazy Fool said:
I’m someone who has lost a fair amount of weight, I still battle with it, but I’m doing pretty well, exercising lots and being sensible most of the time…..

But today I just went crazy, already consumed around 20 club sandwiches, 6 large cream cakes and 10 biscuits I now bloated and guilty, and I know I’m going to feel terrible tomorrow!

Any advice… I was thinking a pint of salty water or laxatives !
I used to binge like that... well, actually, no I never binged THAT much.

But I find when I'm bored, no one's around, I'm at home at the weekend, and I've been making a real effort not to eat, and I decide to "treat" myself to some junk food, they're the perfect conditions for a good binging session.

There's not much you can do now apart from learn from your mistakes.
Figure out what sort of conditions trigger the need for a binging session, and make sure they don't happen.

For example, if you tend to binge at home alone, you should go for a walk or meet a friend instead.

If might also be that your diet is boring, or leaving you hungry. If that's the case it might be an idea to have more sensible meals, even if they aren't the lowest in calories. You can have a substantial meal and still keep the weight off as long as you don't eat junkfood meals.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Crazy Fool said:
no dude, i have a problem and i know that, i'm joking as it's how i deal with stuff..

why is it i can put hugh amounts away? i could still eat more now even though i do feel full... if someone gave me something i would eat it... my stomach has not shurnk with the rest of my body!

Your stomach will not shrink. For this to be sorted, you would have to undergo surgery.

Soldato
If you used to be a big eater and crave certain foods it may be easier for you to allocate yourself treats that you allow yourself certain times. Perhaps say on a Saturday from the time you get up in the morning until 7 at night allow yourself to eat the things you want (within reason, don't go mad). This has worked for other people I know (I prefer once healthy eating to stick to it completely, I find it easier - but each person is different).

Have a really good think about how this is making you feel, be really honest about your feelings. Don't hold back, then write it all down somewhere. If you do get a craving read it all back to yourself. Once you have written it all down though, just keep it somewhere where you know it is, then stop thinking about this binge and move on.

Associate
There is absolutely no way to fix binge sessions other than self restraint. Eating is an addiction and something that you must overcome before you can expect it to go away. Whether you suceed or fail will depend on your own determination.

Suspended
Crazy Fool said:
I’m someone who has lost a fair amount of weight, I still battle with it, but I’m doing pretty well, exercising lots and being sensible most of the time…..

But today I just went crazy, already consumed around 20 club sandwiches, 6 large cream cakes and 10 biscuits I now bloated and guilty, and I know I’m going to feel terrible tomorrow!

Any advice… I was thinking a pint of salty water or laxatives !

I'm terribble with booze, ciggies, and other substances, just dont buy so much! Then you cant eat/drink/smoke/use it.

Permabanned
Sounds as though you need to stop boasting about how many slices of pizza and cream eggs you can eat, and start getting to grips with the real world.

Carry on eating enough junk food, and it'll be of no surprise to me if you develop IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I'm 14½ stone, and I couldn't eat 20 penguins (?), 6 cream cakes in a fortnight - let alone a day.

Sounds to me you were just looking for bragging rights, because you think it takes a man to eat as much as a heffa like you does.

Suspended
basmic said:
Sounds as though you need to stop boasting about how many slices of pizza and cream eggs you can eat, and start getting to grips with the real world.

Carry on eating enough junk food, and it'll be of no surprise to me if you develop IBS - Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I'm 14½ stone, and I couldn't eat 20 penguins (?), 6 cream cakes in a fortnight - let alone a day.

Sounds to me you were just looking for bragging rights, because you think it takes a man to eat as much as a heffa like you does.

Thats a bit of a nasty post isn't it? I thought the whole thread so far had gone in quite a reasonable mannor, after all it was started by a regular and not disrepected forumite - would anyone with a weight problem brag about how much they can eat in a mannor such as this?

Permabanned
AthlonTom said:
Thats a bit of a nasty post isn't it? I thought the whole thread so far had gone in quite a reasonable mannor, after all it was started by a regular and not disrepected forumite - would anyone with a weight problem brag about how much they can eat in a mannor such as this?
All I see in his posts are "I ate 20 so and so" "I ate 40 so and so".I'll quote them all.
Crazy Fool said:
consumed around 20 club sandwiches, 6 large cream cakes and 10 biscuits
Crazy Fool said:
i have eaten 43 bits of KFC before
Crazy Fool said:
i can still eat like a pig
Crazy Fool said:
my record at piazza hut is around 22 slices...

once ate 21 cream eggs in row :p

i did not buy the food, work had extra left from training... i cleaned up
Crazy Fool said:
i just finished off the cakes...

i had 9 out of the 10 that were setout for the group... very full now
Well done you for leaving somebody a cake, BTW. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom