Best way to get over a binge session?

Permabanned
Phnom_Penh said:
I don't have a problem with it, I just think the approach you're taking isn't the right one.
I can take onboard the point you are putting across to me.

But to me, he doesn't seem to be taking the correct courses of action. Does he go to a gym? Has he tried further lowering his calorie intake, to say 2,000 calories per day?

I honestly think he needs to excercise some self-control.

Soldato
OP
basmic said:
I can take onboard the point you are putting across to me.

But to me, he doesn't seem to be taking the correct courses of action. Does he go to a gym? Has he tried further lowering his calorie intake, to say 2,000 calories per day?

I honestly think he needs to excercise some self-control.

you are a mean old sod, :p

yes i do the above... if you read the whole thread and did not jump in half way down, not really very helpful, maybe you should go and add some more computer bits to your sig....sounds like fun to me :o

Permabanned
Crazy Fool said:
you are a mean old sod, :p
There's one thing I don't believe in mincing, and that's my words. You can rely on good old Basmic to tell it how it is.
Crazy Fool said:
yes i do the above... if you read the whole thread and did not jump in half way down, not really very helpful, maybe you should go and add some more computer bits to your sig....sounds like fun to me :o
Ok so you've lost a third of 23 stone. But what is your target, and have you met it?

I was actually thinking of changing my signature last night - funny you saying that. Just not sure what to change it to yet.

Associate
Crazy Fool said:
i was 23 stone 1, i'm now 15 stone 'something' normally between 15.2 - 15.7
i'm of large build though and 6'3 so i only want to be around 14.7
IIRC You said somewhere in the thread you can't eat breakfast cereals... no offense, but you're unlikely to keep on a restricted diet like that for long. I think the binge session proves that!
I think the best thing you can do after you get to your "target weight" is to exercise as much as possible, and go on a sensible, balanced diet. Otherwise it's only a matter of time before you start grazing on food again and your weight will start sneaking up until you abandon the diet altogether. (speaking from experience here!)

Bar

Bar

Soldato
On a related note their was an American who was at one stage the fattest man in the world and through healthy eating and exercise he got down to something like 10stone. Lots of videos and TV programs were made about/starring him.

One day hs doctor old him he was underweight and needed to put some on. The way he explained it is that it was like telling a drug addict who had kicked the habit "actually its ok to have a little bit" and his weight spiralled out of control.

I can sympathise with the OP as I can eat a stupid amount of food and inevitably feel ill (mentally and physically) afterwards.

It is not quite so simple to say eat less exercise more, its like telling someone who has a phobia - its only a spider just pick it up. No one understands the brain properly.

The advice is easy - eat less/more healthier and exercise. The practice is some what different and it is very easy to slip back into bad habits.

Soldato
IMO I think your exercising too much. 8 times a week is a lot, but if it works for you then fair enough. What is your workout like? Is it mainly cardio or is it weights as well?

Congratulations on your weight loss so far, how long has it taken you to lose the weight? You mention that you can't shed these final 10 or so pounds. From your posts so far, you say your taking in around 2500 cals a day. If your exercising 8 times a week at a gym, doing a cardio workout your body is reaching burnout point as it simply does not have the energy. Therefore your brain is telling you that you need energy, and you've eaten what was readily available to you - club sandwiches, and to be honest you've over compensated for this burnout.

Ideally you want to eat fresh, healthy foods. I'd up your calorie intake with healthier foods and you will find that your metabolism will pick up, especially with a good breakfast, and help you to lose them remaining few pounds.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the comments guys, I know I put a ‘comical’ approach on this thread and maybe that’s how I handle the whole things, but it has brought me to tears before.

I have booked up some counselling sessions to see if I can get my head around the problem.

Back
Top Bottom