Best way to overclock an FX60

Associate
Your advantage is the unlocked multiplier, and that's the reason why you paid £750 for it. I guess you should increase the multiplier and then increase HTT to squeeze the last drop of performance out of it (i.e. use the highest multiplier that is stable, and then increase the HTT in small steps to get every last drop out of it). That's how I would do it.

Associate
OP
Have tried to increase multi to 14 which gives me 2.81 gig but doesnt seem too stable, i increased volts to 1.4 but crashed after half an hour of bf2 ? didnt want to increase volts too much cos of temps, at 2.8 temps go up from 38 to 42-45 running stock cooler.

Thanks.

Associate
brucey034 said:
Have tried to increase multi to 14 which gives me 2.81 gig but doesnt seem too stable, i increased volts to 1.4 but crashed after half an hour of bf2 ? didnt want to increase volts too much cos of temps, at 2.8 temps go up from 38 to 42-45 running stock cooler.

Thanks.

How are you testing for stability? Prime, SnM, Super Pi?

Soldato
If you're planning to overclock seriously then I would suggest getting a decent cooler. The AMD ones are good but for overclocking, you need something a bit better.

Associate
Should be able to do Quite well on a decent Air cooler such as the Scythe Ninja or Big Typhoon. As the oithers said your big advantage with an FX chip is the unlocked multiplier. Although personally I wouldent put 1.55 through it using the stock cooler.
Phil

Associate
brucey034 said:
What air cooler would you go for ? which is the best ?

Scythe Ninja Plus Heatpipe CPU Cooler (Socket 478, 754, 939, 940, LGA755) (HY-003-SY)

Look no further. The king of air coolers has entered the building! :D

Soldato
I wouldnt bother with watercooling, a decent air setup will do.

The extra mhz you would get from upping the vcore over 1.55 with water isnt worth the cost imo (however looking at your rig you seem to own your own oil field!)

I presume your running xp64?

Back
Top Bottom