1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to post 2 Bicycles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricochet J, 13 Jul 2006.

1. Ricochet J

Capodecina

I know, I know. It's my second thread on cycles in GD but it's my last one! (Besides, this is more general)

Can anyone give me some advice on how to send two mountain bikes via a currior service or any other meathod? (Selling them on the Bay)

Has anyone sent bikes before?

2. jpmonkey69

Mobster

take them apart and post 'em in a box?

Ride them over, train back.

I've never sent a bike via courier before, maybe it'd be cheaper to rent a volvo estate / transit for the day and drop them off yourself?

3. Visage

PermaBanned

Melt them down and pour them into the drains.

At the far end, the recipient can turn on their taps and pour the liquid into a mould which, upon cooling will re-form the bikes.

Hey presto, free postage.

4. Ricochet J

Capodecina

Not in this century ;)

And monkey dude, I can't/don't know how to drive :D

5. Alasdair

Wise Guy

Where are they going to and from? I would've thought the best way of sending one would be to go to Halfords and ask nicely if you can have one/two of the bike boxes they normally scrap, and then post it Royal Mail. See here

6. Sic

Capodecina

cheapest way is a courier. a mate of mine did it, and RM were going to bend him over, lube him up and slip him 12" for using them

7. Ricochet J

Capodecina

Ha ha ha ha!

Sic. Do you recon you could do me a favour mate? Could you ask him for any details on how he did it exactly or even any advice that could help me in my situation.

Cheers

8. DarkShadow

Capodecina

Get hell of a lot of bubblewrap, securely wrap it around a few times and use *Postvan* and use the parcel express parcel service for arounds £13.

Sorted :)