1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best way to remove a sticker?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by ScoobyDoo69, 28 May 2006.

1. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

Hey all, been meaning to remove my "Impreza Sport 2.0 AWD" sticker from my boot...

how do i go about doing this without causing damage? :)

cheers

2. vanpeebles

Sgarrista

a little heat and finger nail? :)

3. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Hmmmm, good idea, then everyone can think its a Turbo but you can tell them all you simply wanted a 'clean look' when they asked why you debadged it ;)

4. Lithium

Hitman

Get some floss + and hair dryer.

The backing of the stickers should be a foam, so just use the floss to cut through it as close to the paint work as possible.

Get the sticky residue off with some wd40 + soft towel. DONT use a nail or a credit card or anything like that unless you wanna scratch up your paintwork.

5. Confused

Sgarrista

I removed the remaining 3/4 of the "DOHC VTEC" sticker on the back of my Prelude with my finger nail and brake cleaner. I also used brake cleaner on all the old stickers on the inside of the windows.

I swear brake cleaner has to be one of the best things ever invented - it can remove almost every stain/dirt from almost any surface with very little hassle!

6. Lithium

Hitman

Thats because its so corrosive.... using that on your paintwork is NOT very clever unless you drive a bucket of poo.

7. Lowe

Soldato

Hairdryer and a lot of patience is the safest way.

8. Andybtsn

Don

LOL...So true.

9. ScoobyDoo69

Sgarrista

well...... ;)

hehe nah it doesnt have a turbo bonnet... those foolish enough to think it's a turbo can go away ! :D

plus i still have the sport badges on the side :)

10. Confused

Sgarrista

The time it was in contact with the paintwork was minimal, and I was in the process of t-cutting and waxing the boot lid anyway, and that part of the car (10 year, 170k mile old paint) looks no different to the rest.

Of course pouring it on and leaving it would cause lots of damage.

11. andi

Capodecina

Boiling water and finger nail. Coincidentally, I was tempted to do mine this afternoon, but was afraid of stupid comments like this..

12. lordrobs

Capodecina

Just do it in my opinion, you could say that Fox only put the body kit on his Mondeo so that it looks like an ST24... awaits "The RSAP was a factory fit option for the 2.0 Mondeo Ghia X........"

13. MrMatteh

Wise Guy

gives cleaner lines, innit ;)

14. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

Man if you think I annoyed people with that just wait until the fake M5 gets its first ocuk outing :p :p ;)

15. teaboy5

Soldato

But it was ;) You could say the same for the new Zetec S which has a nice body kit as standard, but you could say it trying to look like the st220. The fact is foxes car isn't trying to be something its not. And in this case doo isn't either he just wants the sticker of his car.

16. lordrobs

Capodecina

I agree, I was just having a tounge in cheek dig at Fox as he was doing the same to Scooby.

Fox knows I'm just jealous because I didn't follow his advice a couple of years ago and ended up aith an overpriced french shopping car :p

17. Lithium

Hitman

fingernail = scratched paintwork, very clever :)

18. andi

Capodecina

How sharp are your fingernails? Subaru paint is notoriously thin, but you'd need to dig pretty hard to scratch it with your fingernail..

19. Lithium

Hitman

Er..... paintwork is actually very soft , if you sit there using your fingernail you are guaranteed to scratch it. Ok fair enough they wont be THAT deep, but it will take you a decent amount of time with scratchx to fully restore it again, why bother? Do what i said and you wont have any problems....

20. djbenjo

Mobster

Heat gun to melt the adhesive, it should the pull off nice and easily.

Then use a small amount of petrol on a rag to remove the adhesive left behind. You should then wash and wax to clean and seal the surface :)