best way to remove a sticker?

Soldato
OP
Lithium said:
Er..... paintwork is actually very soft , if you sit there using your fingernail you are guaranteed to scratch it. Ok fair enough they wont be THAT deep, but it will take you a decent amount of time with scratchx to fully restore it again, why bother? Do what i said and you wont have any problems....

unfortunately your way won't actually work, due to the sticker not being foamed at the back, it's just a see through plastic sticker, with some black writing on top.

with regards to the hot water... how hot? :D

and guys, stop having a dig at each other, if i can take the comment made about "looking like a turbo" and "smooth lines" then none of you should get involved :) thank you please

Soldato
blast it with a hairdryer for a few minutes and it should start peeling at the corners, it will come off easily then.

if using hot water then very hot(boiling maybe?) its usually steam getting under the sticker that makes it come off easy.

Soldato
Aye, just boil the kettle and slosh it all over. It'll soften the glue if its hot enough.

I've just been playing in PS, think I might do mine if I can summon up the courage :cool:

Soldato
I normally use white spirit to remove the remaining crap from my badges.

Did it on the 214 and the 220 and have had no problems with it damaging the paint.

Just wash it off thoroughly after you've finished and you shouldn't run into any problems :)

Oh... and debadging f.t.w! Makes most cars look much much cleaner. Why not go the whole hog and add a "OMGWTFTURBO" badge as well ;)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
Oh... and debadging f.t.w! Makes most cars look much much cleaner.

I think I agree..

debadged.jpg

</thread theft>

Permabanned
Brake cleaner aint corrisive! Ive sprayed it on my paintwork loads of times and its fine. You sure you aint getting confused with brake fluid?

Soldato
OP
agw_01 said:
Excellent! That looks miles better! Leave the Subaru text there though.

That's one damn fine car you have there :cool:

Thank you very much :)

I still need to get round to that colour coding ! I think i'm going to do the door handles and mirrors first, because I know I'll like how they look. Then get some spare side skirts and rear spats, have them coloured... and then if I dont like them get rid! :)

Soldato
Nice one, looks good. Did mine too, they come off really easy with some boiling water don't they..

Wasn't sure about the Subaru so left that too :D

Associate
Use WD40 and some cotton folder over itself a few times and then get behind the badges and kind of 'cut' through the glue.

I did my sportback and the weekend and it looks much better

I used Auto Glym Tar Remover to get rid of the sticky marks.

Back
Top Bottom