1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bet365 boss pays herself £265 MILLION

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BoyceyLDN, 21 Nov 2018.

1. robfosters

Caporegime

Such a shame the way people think. Pure jealousy.

Her tax bill and charitable donations amounts to enormous amounts of money, the majority of which will help less fortunate people, yet still people say she shouldn’t have what she has. What’s the point in trying to make something of yourself when jealous people just want to take it off you?

2. pp111

Wise Guy

Arguably the boss is stealing from the employees, since the boss is taking a much bigger share of the money made by the employees. I mean you can choose to see it whatever way you want, but to my mind, neither the boss nor the employees can make money without the other, so it is immoral in my opinion that the boss takes an overwhelming share of the profits. A bigger share, yes, but not a ridiculous share.

3. robfosters

Caporegime

If she started doling out her millions to the staff, she wouldn’t have any left before long.

That’s what people don’t understand. A successful economy and workforce relies on a financial hierarchy.

4. Surveyor

Capodecina

Giving all the employees £10k each would still leave her with over £420m. £50k each and she'd still have over £230m.

5. omnomnom

Capodecina

No one should be getting that kind of money per year. It's just greed at this point.

6. Trusty

Capodecina

Well the people that can organise a business to make that amount of money are in far less supply, so thats a ratio worth considering. If someone was to look at it properly and look at all the data, you'd probably find her take home pay should be higher considering the short supply of people that can actually manage the job.

In term of workers getting a higher share of economic output, i agree with that. We need to reduce inequality, i just don't agree with capping wealth though. A ground up approach would be better rather than top down approach

7. pp111

Wise Guy

Yes, I would agree with that.

8. Jintsay

Associate

The OP quote mentions that problem gamblingis spiralling out of control. Pretty sure that it is actually decreasing according to the UKGC figures. At least that's what was said to me on a training course about a year ago.

9. EdGey

Sgarrista

To me this serves only to highlight how dreadful a nasty betting habit is...

10. ghutchison14078

Perma Banned

The house always wins.......

11. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

12. subbytna

Capodecina

Yep.

Filthy nasty murky world that only benefits one side and ruins the other.

13. ArchAnGeL

Wise Guy

We should be holding this lady up as an absolute icon
    She had the vision and took the risks to develop that business into what it is today. I am sure she paid some others quite well in the process for their input but I don't agree with all this 10 k to all employees etc. They are paid their contract rate for the work they do. I have no idea if this incorporates bonuses or not but the value they are contributing to the business and personal risk they have put themselves is not equal to the owners
    If the employee pay is not competitive for the jobs the general staff do, then this should certainly be addressed ahead of such a high CEO salary but I have not read anything to suggest this
    If you want your personal wealth to grow linked to a businesses success, start one yourself or buy some shares and take the risk that comes with it
    As mentioned already, imagine her personal and business tax bill on top of the other amounts she gives and ask if this business could also be run successfully offshore with a fraction of that going to HMRC but they choose not to

14. SpeedFreak

Soldato

I agree, can't abide by the industry but compared to knighthood wielding Monte Carlo tax Dodgers I have to respect her.

15. marl

Mobster

Crazy crazy money... and from a business that has destroyed some peoples lives. Sure, the owner has done nothing wrong and is to be admired for her acumen and ability to build up such a business. But if this business can afford to pay her this kind of money, then equally it can afford to pay a lot more in taxes to help offset the damage caused by those who become addicted to it....

16. SpeedFreak

Soldato

But the best possible outcome is her paying income tax, it's much higher than corporation tax.

17. marl

Mobster

Perhaps then some kind of tax on the companies profits as well? Something that could be paid to rehab programmers?

18. SpeedFreak

Soldato

Professional gamblers register and a deposit limit based on proof of earnings for casual gamblers is probably one way.